Fun Routes in Germany

Der Stig

is Der Slut
Car(s)
Furrin Crap
So for my RingMeet and subsequent travels around Germany next month, I finally made hotel reservations and generally planned stuff out with my friend.

If anyone has some suggestions for fun routes along the way, I'm all ears.

Here's the outline of our plan:

Monday 7-Aug Wiesbaden
Pick up motorcycles in Heidelberg

Tuesday 8-Aug "Head to Stuttgart [2.5 hours]
Porsche Museum"

Wednesday 9-Aug "Stuttgart
Mercedes Museum/Factory Tour

Head to Altenahr (2.5 hours)
Thursday 10-Aug Altenahr - Ring Meet
Friday 11-Aug "Ring Meet"
Saturday 12-Aug "Ring Meet"
Sunday 13-Aug Ring Meet

Monday 14-Aug Nuremberg

Tuesday 15-Aug Munich/BMW Welt/Museum

Wednesday 16-Aug Head to Berlin

Thursday 17-Aug Berlin

Friday 18-Aug Berlin

Saturday 19-Aug Head to Dresden

Sunday 20-Aug WSBK - Lausitzring

Monday 21-Aug Head to Wiesbaden/drop off motos at Heidelberg [4 hours]

Tuesday 22-Aug Fly out in the AM

Check out Calimoto - that's a motorcycle-centered routing app (and web-based route planner) made by a start-up in Berlin, so right now they concentrate on Germany and the DACH region.
For example, instead of the 2.5 hour autobahn ride from Stuttgart to the Ringmeet (a bit optimistic...?) you can do that in 6.5 hours on fun roads. :D Or get off from the Autobahn early and combine the two approaches. :)

I'll try to dig up some routes from my past trips to southern and east Germany, but that'll have to wait till next weekend.

Last edited:
If you have a reliable phone you could skip on the garmin maps and just download the here app. You get free offline maps and navigation.

As for routes, if you don't plan on venturing further south than Munich you're missing out, IMO.
About the only thing, I can recommend is on your trip from Nuernberg to Munich, you could venture east on the smaller roads via Kehlheim to Regensburg.

So, are you heading to ringmeet camp on Wednesday already, or Thursday? The other roadtrip crew is passing by Stuttgart on Thursday, if that was your schedule and you want to meet up on the way. :)

Ulm is between Stuttgart and Munich (or is it M?nchen? :p ). That place is cool.

I think I'll be more helpful when it comes to guarding you around tourist traps and towards nice stuff while in Berlin. In terms of fun routes, I can ask my motorbike riding friends, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you (the countryside around Berlin is mostly flat and agricultural, not many driving roads)...

Last edited:
While in Berlin if you get the chance spend a morning or an afternoon at Classic Remise. You won't regret it, The Deutsches Technik Museum is also good. Both are ideal if the weather decides it doesn't want to play ball.

Fun Routes in Germany

While in Berlin if you get the chance spend a morning or an afternoon at Classic Remise. You won't regret it, The Deutsches Technik Museum is also good. Both are ideal if the weather decides it doesn't want to play ball.

Didn't you hear? Dr. Grip is the one to guide people through Europe. Your info is no good. :)

The first sentence sounded as if you're the only one that can answer correctly. It could also be that I woke up in an awful mood with the hotel A/C not working.

The first sentence sounded as if you're the only one that can answer correctly.
Well, what I tried to say was "I have no clue whatsoever about motorbiking routes around Berlin, but have some bars and car museums instead".

Last edited:
Well, what I tried to say was "I have no clue whatsoever about motorbiking routes around Berlin, but have some bars and car museums instead".

That's how I read it as well. And I didn't even had my first coffee then.

I think this whole thread is foolish. Germans don't know how to have fun. :D :tease:

They did, once.

Curvy without speed limits? Easy. A 3, A 7, A 45. Might have traffic though.

Glad to be of service. :p