Furious 7

Went to see it with some friends. The same friends I used to watch the first movies with as a child. Obviously some scenes were cringe worthy. But we had so many good laughs and really enjoyed ourselves. So 10/10 for entertainment.

The thing about this movie series is, it's really quite cheesy... but the characters get under your skin, especially if, like me, you can trace your own development since the series first started. This was a fitting ending,band a great eulogy for Paul Walker. If the series continues, which business interests would suggest, I will be conflicted. The movie was way over the top, but it was a great popcorn movie, and again, the ending feels like it was as much for us as it was for them. I left satisfied.

I wouldn't mind if they go back to a bit more racing in FF8. This movie has taken the car heist thing to as ridiculous as it can go. The next movie should go in a different direction.

So the US government via Kurt Russell decide a bunch of layabout car enthusiasts are suitably qualified to go after international terrorists and rescue a computer hacker with a cool spying program of critical importance to national security. In return they get to borrow it so they can use it to find some pissed off British guy, who, given he's appeared alongside them wherever they are in the world, isn't exactly hiding from them in the first place. Got it :p

Last edited: