Fusion-io touts 'fastest' solid-state drive

Mally Dangerous

Very, very expensive. But I would loooove to have one of these.

Original Article
Fusion-io on Wednesday announced the IoDrive Duo, which the company claims is the fastest to date. Fusion-io also claims Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak as its chief scientist.

Targeted primarily at business applications such as database servers, capacities range from 160 gigabytes to 640 gigabytes. And by the second half of this year, this will increase to 1.28 terabytes.
The boards are based on PCI Express data bus and can sustain up to 20 gigabits per second of raw throughput--many times the rate of fast hard-disk drives. Sustained read bandwidth is 1,500 megabytes per second, while sustained write bandwidth is 1,400MBps--many times the speeds of SSDs found in laptops today.

Because Fusion-io targets businesses, reliability is important. Its Flashback protection, for example, is a self-healing technology that is capable of instantaneously restoring lost data and uses an extra dedicated chip to repair failed devices.

Currently, the IoDrive sells for "under $30 per usable GB," according to a statement from the company.

Official Site
http://www.fusionio.com/

Last edited:
want that. want that badly (and considering my hard drive is about to fail any day now, should be looking into replacements :p)

Being added to my list of components for my dream computer, thanks!!!

Currently, the IoDrive sells for "under $30 per usable GB," according to a statement from the company.
do-not-want-dog.jpg

We have the option available through our datacenter to get one-- a one-time fee, but it's still $30/GB. And runs in 80gb increments.

can I have a 10 GB drive for 300$? because thats all I need?