Futurama

Last season was Extremely hit or miss. with more misses than hits (shitty pop culture gags FTL) but im hopeful they will find their old stride again

Oh hey thanks!

So as big a sci-fi fan as I am, I never got into Futurama. I wanted to, but it was hard to catch the show when I was younger, so I only caught the occasional episode here and there. Over the past couple weeks though, I've started to watch it on Netflix and it's brilliant.

But I have a question. I noticed on Netflix that there are quite a few Futurama movies or specials or whatever you would call them, in addition to 6 volumes of the series itself. I see Bender's Game, Into the Wild Green Yonder, The Beast with a Billion Backs, and Bender's Big Score. So where exactly do these films fit into the series? I want to watch them all in the order they were meant to be watched in.

After season 5 (or 4, depending on who you ask) final episode, The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings. The order of the movies is: Bender's Big Score, The Beast With a Billion Backs, Bender's Game and Into the Wild Green Yonder.

I've started rewatching it too. Currently watching How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back. "Dirty boy! DIRTY, DIRTY, DIRTY!"

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
Cheers. :cheers:

I'm currently on Love and Rocket, so I'm getting close to the specials.

But I have a question. I noticed on Netflix that there are quite a few Futurama movies or specials or whatever you would call them, in addition to 6 volumes of the series itself. I see Bender's Game, Into the Wild Green Yonder, The Beast with a Billion Backs, and Bender's Big Score. So where exactly do these films fit into the series? I want to watch them all in the order they were meant to be watched in.

The show was cancelled and off the air for a few years -- 5 or so, with "The Devil's Hands" being the end of the original run as IceBone said. They reunited the team to do the 4 "movies" which were intended to be direct-to-DVD and that would be it. But that got Comedy Central interested in bringing the show back permanently, so they cut the 4 movies up into episodes and ordered new ones.

The show premiered in 1999 with all the Y2K hype on people's minds and it never got a fair shot, they used to run it at 7:00 Sundays after NFL football and that would always run long so the show would be interrupted or skipped entirely. It was very frustrating as a fan.

Last edited:
^I hear yeh, I've been watching since the beginning.

I didn't care much for the straight-to-DVD movies myself. Or the season directly following them for that matter.

The newest seasons are great though.

After season 5 (or 4, depending on who you ask) final episode, The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings. The order of the movies is: Bender's Big Score, The Beast With a Billion Backs, Bender's Game and Into the Wild Green Yonder.

I've started rewatching it too. Currently watching How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back. "Dirty boy! DIRTY, DIRTY, DIRTY!"

"Bureaucrat Conrad, if you complete your death transaction without filing a suicide and/or falling accident permit, you will be posthumously demoted!"

I haven't watched Futurama for a long time, but grabbed these two episodes to see what I thought. They didn't have me rolling around but I'm pleased that I watched them. :)

I'm liking the Deep Purple in the background of this chase scene.