Future Classic american cars?

Two more I haven't seen mentioned are the Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and Thunderbird SC. The Merkur XR4Ti has potential as well.

This?
sc_sig_copy1.jpg

I remember when those came out, they were all over the place, then after about 2 years, they just up and disappeared :dunno: Those looked good at the time and I'm willing to bet they will be remembered fondly. Hell I kind of want one as a cruiser now.

Yup. When I bought my Mark VIII, I was actually looking for an 89-93 SC. I couldn't find one in decent shape locally so I ended up getting the Lincoln instead. It was a 2 year newer car with 55 more hp for about the same price.

I could see the Chrysler 300C being a future classic maybe.

What is popular becomes rare.
What is rare becomes popular.

I could see the Chrysler 300C being a future classic maybe.

What is popular becomes rare.
What is rare becomes popular.

I can see it being looked back on in a similar fashion as many of us look to the Lincoln Continental or 60's Buick's/Cadillac's. Though it'll never be as great looking as the others.

I can see it being looked back on in a similar fashion as many of us look to the Lincoln Continental or 60's Buick's/Cadillac's. Though it'll never be as great looking as the others.

Not be as great looking as what, the 300C is probably one of the best looking cars on the road today! (With the exception of the new CTS and that sort)

Not be as great looking as what, the 300C is probably one of the best looking cars on the road today! (With the exception of the new CTS and that sort)

the only cars i dont see as being a classic or anything like that is a car that has no soul or anything special. for example. most honda cars that were just there to take up room and be driven by little old ladies slowing everyone down >:O those are cars that will never be classics because they dont have that certain something thatll allow them to become a classic.

I think in general family sedans never become classics (there are some exceptions). But for Honda? I hate Honda and I can see the original CRX, Prelude, absolutely NSX... Integra RS.

*cough* I again point to my sig since no one here has apparently mentioned the last two generation Camaros/Firebirds/Trans-Ams. :mad:

:) I have a 4th gen, so I'm hoping so.

1st gen -- always hot hot hot
2nd gen -- starting to get some kitch & nostalgia

I don't know about the 3rd and 4th gens. I think the 3rd gen Iroc & Z28 may, and the Turbo TA if it hasn't already. 4th gen I can see the LS1 cars maybe not so much the LT1 cars.

I have to strongly disagree. A 300C is nowhere near the quality or looks of a 60s Lincoln. 60s era Lincolns where some of the greatest American luxury cars ever made, the 300C is just a tarted up Benz with crappier parts.

I have to strongly disagree. A 300C is nowhere near the quality or looks of a 60s Lincoln. 60s era Lincolns where some of the greatest American luxury cars ever made, the 300C is just a tarted up Benz with crappier parts.
We say that now, but wait 50 years and the 300C will undoubtedly look brilliant compared to the other dreck that was available at the time.

Plus, who knows how ugly future Chryslers will be, so we'll be yearning for the timeless beauty of the first-gen Chrysler LH's. ;)

Wow! That was a very, very bold claim. 300C one of the best looking cars today? Erm..no. Not even slightly.

Plus, who knows how ugly future Chryslers will be, so we'll be yearning for the timeless beauty of the first-gen Chrysler LH's. ;)

That's assuming they will still be around in 50 years.;)

Wow! That was a very, very bold claim. 300C one of the best looking cars today? Erm..no. Not even slightly.

I would have to agree here, IMO no car that tries (obviously at that) to look like a more expensive car can be cool. The 300C tries to look like a Bentley/RR and fails miserably, at this point it is nothing more than box on wheels akin to the Scion and Honda Element.

Wait... you're not thinking I thought it was anywhere near as good looking as those cars did you? I merely think it COULD be looked back on in similar fashion, but the 60's cars will always be way beyond it in style and cool factor. Until a President is killed in a 300c, it can NEVER be as awesome as the Lincoln Continental.

An American classic in the making 25 years from now?

Lincoln LS--the greatest car that Ford stopped making:
2006%20Lincoln%20LS.jpg

My father, who is 72, can be quite puzzled by what are treasured today as classics from the 1940's and 1950's. In his opinion, the much loved Chevrolet 210/Bel Aire was the 1998 Malibu of it's time.

Wait... you're not thinking I thought it was anywhere near as good looking as those cars did you? I merely think it COULD be looked back on in similar fashion, but the 60's cars will always be way beyond it in style and cool factor. Until a President is killed in a 300c, it can NEVER be as awesome as the Lincoln Continental.

Ah I slightly misunderstood you. Though I don't see the 300C being remembered much, it never seemed to be all that special of a car.

Oh and thanks for the sig. quote ;).