Future Drivers

Cellos88GT

Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
It may be best to wait and see if current teams will stay in F1 first.

The problem's been discussed before. Without testing, all the teams now want experienced drivers, no young guys who still need to learn. Until that is changed, I don't see many new people coming in...

The problem's been discussed before. Without testing, all the teams now want experienced drivers, no young guys who still need to learn. Until that is changed, I don't see many new people coming in...

Yep. You look at the established ladder for talent and you see lots of track time. F3 and F3000 drivers get tens of thousands of miles in the cars per year. Then they make it to the pinnacle and they're supposed to stand on needlepoint? Nuh uh. The team won't pay for their learning curve under fire.

That said, Buemi is doing quite well. I'm sure we'll see some new talent, but not in droves. The new volatile talent will make their way to other series' like A1GP. The talent coming into Formula 1 will be cool and collected, not hot and aggressive.

Last edited:
The test drivers should have a spot of free practice to get to know the car, not part of the three practice sessions but their own session.

Well they do still have a few young driver programme test days at the end of the year I think...

I don't care, as long as those Danica Patrick rumors remain unfounded. I don't know of any prospects, but it would be nice to see another Canadian driver too. Maybe one that isn't a total wanker like the last one so I can actually cheer for him.

I'd love to see jacque villeneuve randomly show up next year in a lola or something, he says he's willing to drive again.

I'd love to see jacque villeneuve randomly show up next year in a lola or something, he says he's willing to drive again.

He missed the majority of the races in 2004, then came back to replace Trulli at Renault, and his performance was really bad, I wonder how he would drive after missing 3 and a half seasons. :lol:

If any of the new teams are that desperate for a driver, then yes. Otherwise I can't see him coming back to F1.

I'll bet you any money that, if Prodrive fields a team next year, one of the drivers will be Anthony Davidson.

Well that might just happen now that Prodrive have confirmed they've submitted and entry.

Rumour has it that Adam Carroll is a favourite to get a seat at Lola if the team's entry is accepted.
I've always liked and supported the guy, but I'm not sure how he could cope in F1.

Adam Carroll driving for Lola sounds about right. I caught the last few minutes of the A1 GP finale on Sky One and was impressed at how he drove. His GP2 record is less impressive, to be honest I don't really think he's good enough.

Personally I'd love to see Yuji Ide get another run.....

Now on a serious note I'm really looking forward to seeing Bruno Senna get in a F1 car...

The problem with all this is that we will get a wave of GP2 calibre drivers in F1, crashing into everyone and ruining F1 as we know it...

The problem with all this is that we will get a wave of GP2 calibre drivers in F1, crashing into everyone and ruining F1 as we know it...

Agreed.

That is the last thing we want to see.