Unveiled: G-Power X6: World's fastest SUV is also world's ugliest.

tone76

Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz, 95 SAAB 900S, 97 Mazda 121
... or so say Top Gear Australia.

http://www.topgear.com/au/car-news/g-power-bmw-x6-2010-07-19

G-Power has been sipping the crazy juice again and decided to ?pay homage' to BMW's outgoing V10 powerplant. They forced it into the X6, strapped on a pair of superchargers, an intercooler, some strong rods, forged pistons and upped capacity to 5.5-litres.

The result is the fastest piece of ugly you have ever seen - this X6 will shoot from 0-100 in 4.2 seconds and on to a top speed of over 330km/h.

You'd need that speed to be honest. We don't need to tell you that this X6 has been uglified to the point of comedy, but, well, it's Ugly. That's right, capital ?U' ugly.

I think the article is a little harsh. Call me perverted, but it's almost beautiful in a way. I've seen much uglier SUVs than the G-Power X6 (I'm looking at you, Porsche Cayenne). That, and you can't argue with 660kW. The only minor issues are (a) it's over USD$600k and (b) only 5 will be made. I still sort of want, though.

Last edited:
Do want. I mean, if I am going to ruin the the world around me with an SUV, I want it to be over the top in every way. Something that says "get the *@#&(! out of my way!" while I carry 2 people and groceries.

The front's a bit fiddly, but the rest of it looks great! I actually like the spoiler a lot.

Anyone who buys that has to have a psychical problem, a serious one.

660kW. Can't argue with that.

As a stripped-down time attack car that would actually be pretty cool. As a $700,000 plush road car, no thanks.

Ive seen plentey more tuned Cayenne's which are a lot uglier than this its almost on the edge of looking pretty menacing but the its a stupid car.

I think cars like these need to be fixed by opening a new competitive market for James Bond bad guys where big suv's are fitted with lots of power and lots of wepons and lots of armour. Just think of the Lambo SUV romoured with rockets and machine guns now thats pointless yet awesome, cars like these are just pointless.

If I were a russian mob boss or a saudi prince with more money than taste I would buy that. But I'm not, so I'm not going too. It's a revolting car made even more revolting.

My only qualm with this is the use of the term SUV. The x6 is barely a crossover.

What is that...about $500,000USD or so?? That is truly insane.

Ive seen plentey more tuned Cayenne's which are a lot uglier than this its almost on the edge of looking pretty menacing but the its a stupid car.

I think cars like these need to be fixed by opening a new competitive market for James Bond bad guys where big suv's are fitted with lots of power and lots of wepons and lots of armour. Just think of the Lambo SUV romoured with rockets and machine guns now thats pointless yet awesome, cars like these are just pointless.

Too bad the baddies drive 159s now.