Gaddafi is Dead

I'm glad there are some who wished for a trial. Even Hitler deserved a chance to make a case for himself. It's what civilized people do, treat everyone the same.
Agreed. In the videos of his capture you can hear people in the crowd yelling that he must be taken alive, that he must stand trial. But all it took is one guy with a pistol to make sure that didn't happen.

I think he would have been turned over to an international court like Saddam, and probably would have followed the same fate. In a way, shooting him saved a lot of trial money, cos it'd have ended in the same sentence, so it's just over and now the world will be watching what becomes of Libya.

Justice not only has to be done, but has to be SEEN to be done. That's what the court system is for. Skipping the courts doesn't give you the same end result, whether he would've been executed or not.

I'm glad there are some who wished for a trial. Even Hitler deserved a chance to make a case for himself. It's what civilized people do, treat everyone the same.

problem is often people arent civilized. i didnt expect anything other than him to get shot in the face as soon as he got caught. although my dad predicted them to go full mussolini and cut his head off and drag him through the streets. frankly he deserved worse. he forfeited his humanity by killing and exploiting his people for 40 years.