Gaga's Alejandro--most controversial music video I recall in a while

Mitlov

Car(s)
2011 Civic Si, 2002 SV650
I'm totally in love with Lady Gaga's new music video for Alejandro. For those who don't know, it was directed by art photographer Steven Klein, and has been probably the most controversial music video that I remember since some of Madonna's, given it's mixture of religious and homoerotic imagery. All that said, I think it's just amazing to watch. Just gorgeous. But I'm always curious for opinions of a cross-section of the population, and FinalGear delivers there. So...Heresy? Gross? Amazing? Comment please.

WARNING: Not technically "NSFW" in the sense that you never see any unclothed private parts, but the imagery is veeeeeeery provocative. So don't watch it at work.

PS--Yes, this post confirms every stereotype of MkIV Jetta drivers, I admit it.

I think its fascinating that her style is so outrageous and avant-garde but her music/lyrics is absolutely ordinary.

A bit too similar to that Andy Warhol character..

I like her. And that video. :ph34r:

It's like a crazy Ace of Base. Seriously don't get the appeal of the Gaga.

I think its fascinating that her style is so outrageous and avant-garde but her music/lyrics is absolutely ordinary.
I don't think I've ever heard a better description of her.

A bit too similar to that Andy Warhol character..

I haven't thought about that, but that is a very good analogy. They both even have the same way of mumbling in interviews. Lady Gaga, who isn't wacko in private, presents herself as a brand image in the same way that Andy Warhol did.

As for the music video, I thought it was cool. Whilst watching it though, I began to think of the children and how we're corrupting their innocence at an early age. I'd never thought I'd do that, normally I'm a bit liberal when it comes to that stuff.

What the hell did I just watch?

I seriously cannot understand what people see in him.

i tried watching it, but it ended like every other Lady Gaga video i've seen. i watch for the first minute end up thinking "wtf is this?" and turn it off.
i've never understood what makes her so popular but i've never been able to understand why the X Factor and Big Brother are so popular either.

"This video is not available in your country."

Fuck you, Youtube ... fuck you! <_<

Love the headgear and the machine gun boobs. Video on the other hand has literally nothing to do with the song although gay nazis are hilarious. I rarely like music videos and I can't say that this is one of my favorite songs of hers.

"This video is not available in your country."

Fuck you, Youtube ... fuck you! <_<

Germany?

Anyways I really liked it, i don't think there can be any debate that it's visually amazing, as for the religious motives I think they add to the clip and they don't bother me since I don't really give a tot about any religion. I liked it, but that said I do think it shouldn't be aired at mid day on MTV or something.

Yeah! All the time I run into this restriction, and when you upload some video on Youtube and there is a fraction of sound in the background, they kill your audio for copyright reasons.

The song is great, and the video really isn't that far out there in my opinion. Have you guys seen Rammstein's Pussy video?

Even if you don't like her original songs, there are about ten thousand remixes of Lady Gaga to choose from. I can't stand Britney Spears but some of the remixes people do of her are fantastic.

Man Gaga puts out some of the best straight up pop music out there and i think it is pretty obvious she is going for the outrageous Madonna style career trajectory and i gotta be honest i really hope she pulls it off. I very interested to hear what she will sound like in 10 years if she can stay relevant.

This video is the first time I've seen her wearing pants. It's kinda weird actually how you see all this crazy shit and then you see her looking really normal in a pant suit and you're like WTF?. Reverse shock effect.

I see this as a chance to post this video

[video=youtube;hT8lp-U7hFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8lp-U7hFk[/video]

Not all of her stuff is crappy. This one has lyrics, actual lyrics! and the CD version is the same as the acoustic version! (plus some drums and a guitar)

watch

Not controversial, but so pretty to look at...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwE-SLnLkqY[/youtube]

Karen O > All

edit: Katy Perry has a mans face...it is very creepy to me.

Last edited:
Love the headgear and the machine gun boobs. Video on the other hand has literally nothing to do with the song although gay nazis are hilarious. I rarely like music videos and I can't say that this is one of my favorite songs of hers.

Her whole steampunk outfit with the headgear and the veil-goggles, when she's smoking a pipe and watching the guys dance in the courtyard? GORGEOUS.

I have no frickin' clue what the video is supposed to mean, or if it's supposed to have anything to do with the lyrics, but damn, I love some of those visuals.

Also, gay nazis FTW.

This video is the first time I've seen her wearing pants. It's kinda weird actually how you see all this crazy shit and then you see her looking really normal in a pant suit and you're like WTF?. Reverse shock effect.

I see this as a chance to post this video

[video=youtube;hT8lp-U7hFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8lp-U7hFk[/video]

Not all of her stuff is crappy. This one has lyrics, actual lyrics! and the CD version is the same as the acoustic version! (plus some drums and a guitar)

watch

Speechless is the only song on the two-CD set The Fame Monster where she shows off her vocal range at all. I'm left wondering why she doesn't use it more often, as she actually is a talented vocalist, yet many of her songs are very simplistic musically.