Game of Thrones

True, poor girl really needs a break....

Could lead to some awkwardly funny scenes in the next few episodes.

Except he's not fodder.....Jon is the key to the whole thing, he will end up fighting Danareys in the final battle, or rule alongside her, I guarantee it.
Oh, I agree with you about Jon's importance. I even said this last year about Jon Snow's death:

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. He has king's blood, right? I'm sure she could work her magic and she is right there, nearby somewhere.

If not, then it really does show how anticlimactic the story really is.
It's just one of those things about this show and killing off main characters. It's not really that brave anymore, it's become a joke. Hell, it's even become a meme.

One of my biggest complaints about the show/books is how nothing has really happened yet. Well, besides a lot of pointless deaths. From the beginning there was the plot line of the white walkers invading the south. Hasn't happened yet. The Starks getting revenge. Still hasn't happened. And Daenerys crossing the sea and taking back her throne. Also hasn't happened yet.

I think things have been dragged out long enough. They really need to get on with it already. And since the show has overtaken the books, I do hope that we finally start seeing actual plot advancement.

Oh, I agree with you about Jon's importance. I even said this last year about Jon Snow's death:

It's just one of those things about this show and killing off main characters. It's not really that brave anymore, it's become a joke. Hell, it's even become a meme.

One of my biggest complaints about the show/books is how nothing has really happened yet. Well, besides a lot of pointless deaths. From the beginning there was the plot line of the white walkers invading the south. Hasn't happened yet. The Starks getting revenge. Still hasn't happened. And Daenerys crossing the sea and taking back her throne. Also hasn't happened yet.

I think things have been dragged out long enough. They really need to get on with it already. And since the show has overtaken the books, I do hope that we finally start seeing actual plot advancement.

I have a feeling we will, Jon will rally the north and take back Winterfell, from there he might looking South, starting with the Frey's....at wich point house Tully will follow him along with more houses I suspect, and he can keep going south.... the Lannister are in disarray, and everyone else is busy with that damn cult, the time to strike is now.

Meanwhile Daenerys has rallied all of the bloody Dothraki, not 1 khalasar like before, ALL of them......if that lot really is as good as they have been proclaming for 5 seasons, it's about time she gets herself some ships again and comes to Westerros, remember she has Varys and Tirion now to offer counsil and inside information.

Last edited:
Has my last post been disproven already? :p

(havent seen 5 yet)

Last edited:
Hmm...

I was like "Is this kid really going to sacrifice herself instead of just throwing her explosive?" Awww, just like every action movie. Trope!

Little Finger must have the fastest horse and buggy in the kingdom, man!

Speaking of Little Finger, how is Sansa able to meet him without anyone else paying attention? I thought I was watching The Walking Dead for a minute where everyone just do whatever they feel in high-alert situations.

Also, not sure if I like the Hodor/Hold the door origin story. It reminds me of when I was kid and I asked my mom why is soup called soup and she told me it's because you make a "soooop" sound when you eat it. Rosebud!!!

I do find the time paradox interesting. I hope that they use it to make the story stronger rather than weaker.

Last edited:
Hmm...

I was like "Is this kid really going to sacrifice herself instead of just throwing her explosive?" Awww, just like every action movie. Trope!

Little Finger must have the fastest horse and buggy in the kingdom, man!

Speaking of Little Finger, how is Sansa able to meet him without anyone else paying attention? I thought I was watching The Walking Dead for a minute where everyone just do whatever they feel in high-alert situations.

Also, not sure if I like the Hodor/Hold the door origin story. It reminds me of when I was kid and I asked my mom why is soup called soup and she told me it's because you make a "soooop" sound when you eat it. Rosebud!!!

I do find the time paradox interesting. I hope that they use it to make the story stronger rather than weaker.

The time paradox is something that baffles me. Sure, the issues with time travel and the time continuum are well known from The Terminator movies, and then Interstellar, but I think GoT screwed it up even more.

Bran travels back in time, Hodor somehow hears him has a seizure and develops his speech impediment. But prior to the scene last night, Hodor hadn't heard Bran when he was a kid, so there would have been no reason for his speech impediment all this time. I understand that time doesn't have to be linear, but in this case, it means that time is a closed loop.

In The Terminator, he travels back in time to kill Sarah Connor. If he succeeds, John Connor is never born, Skynet wins, and an alternative timeline starts. But The Terminator hasn't changed the past yet - he is trying to do it! Here in GoT, the past is already..."changed." Last night we saw, I think, we saw a causal relationship that doesn't make sense.

Am I misunderstanding something?

I was in a shitty mood when I watched the episode. So perhaps my view is a bit tainted. I couldn't help but start to feel that GoT is beginning to jump the shark.

That said. I'm not quite sure if this is any sort of traditional "time travel". It's more mental if that makes any sense. With Bran's power. So like it transcends the normal idea of time travel in which you are actually back in time and effecting things in real time. I dunno.

I was in a shitty mood when I watched the episode. So perhaps my view is a bit tainted. I couldn't help but start to feel that GoT is beginning to jump the shark.

That said. I'm not quite sure if this is any sort of traditional "time travel". It's more mental if that makes any sense. With Bran's power. So like it transcends the normal idea of time travel in which you are actually back in time and effecting things in real time. I dunno.

That's my problem exactly - if it is affecting things in real time, then he can't possibly have changed the past, meaning Hodor should have been able to speak properly this entire time.

Isn't it a bit like in X-Men: Days of Future Past where only information can travel through time, but not matter? The only difference here being that there is no creation of alternate time-lines, things just match up, like a jig-saw puzzle, Doctor Who style.

Meanwhile Daenerys has rallied all of the bloody Dothraki, not 1 khalasar like before, ALL of them......if that lot really is as good as they have been proclaming for 5 seasons, it's about time she gets herself some ships again and comes to Westerros, remember she has Varys and Tirion now to offer counsil and inside information.

So much this. But then we'll have the "Dothraki can't cross oceans because they can't use their horses, so everyone will get sick and die" shit again...

After that bombshell, here's a preview of what's next (no spoilers if you're up to date):

:p
Serious below:
Yeah that time travelling... What? How?

Last edited:
"Erm.... what?" was exactly my reaction. I'm not really enjoying the show anymore...

Next up: Littlefinger has lied about the Blackfish's conquest and Sansa and Jon walk into a trap.