Game of Thrones

217611_1343695889666_1749324577_616412_6858380_n.jpg

Got mail! :D

Just seen episode 3 and I have to say, the epicness continues. <3

Which I finally picked up. Should I watch the show first or read the book? I kinda want to read the book first while the episodes air, then watch all the episodes in a huge marathon.

Ask D-Fence, he only got the books now too. I've read the 1st book ages ago, so I'm biased towards that option. :p

Which I finally picked up. Should I watch the show first or read the book? I kinda want to read the book first while the episodes air, then watch all the episodes in a huge marathon.

i've been reading the books first and watching the episodes as they catch up with the parts i've read in the book. enjoyed it a lot more.

I would start reading them, but I'm reading Clancy right now. And the sequel the the current book I'm reading comes out next month.

I'm about 1/4 of the way (I think) through the first book and honestly, I find it a bit bland (at least for fantasy). Maybe it's just my preference but the author doesn't really go into depth of detail or description with the characters or the land in the short chapters, and everything just feels like a bad medieval film.

Just watched the first two episodes. I'm liking it very much so far. I haven't read the books but it looks as though a lot of attention to detail went into making the show. The characters and storyline is introduced at just the right pace, so that they can squeeze enough backstory into the characters to make them deep and allow for their development, but not too much so I don't have to read through wiki's after an episode. One thing I could have done without were Drogo's intimate scenes, which were just uncomfortably long and cringeworthy.

Many years ago I read the first two books as well. Series is quite faithful, and hugely awesome.