Game of Thrones

Come on guys: THIS IS FANTASY. Which part of the paradox has to make sense, the one where there are White Walkers, dragons, or the other red priest knowing everything about Varys' mutilation?

Hodor was not hearing Bran, he was hearing the girl. The reasoning, I think, behind his seizures, is that Bran somehow mind controlled him while inside that time travel. Bran's mind is strong and can handle the whole paradox, Hodor's is just a normal mind and got all bent up. That's my theory.

Yeah, it's not that much time travelling as it's seeing into the past. Bran is just that strong that he can project into the event he is seeing.

In the books there's more about the children of the forest, godswood and weirwoods which hasn't even remotely been touched or explained in the show but the elements are still there in the show. Maybe they'll be explained later, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

And also I agree with mpicco, expecting realism and everything to make perfect sense from a fantasy show? :p

That's my problem exactly - if it is affecting things in real time, then he can't possibly have changed the past, meaning Hodor should have been able to speak properly this entire time.

Its not that complicated...the stuff that happened in this episode happened to Hodor as a adolescent. The fact that it happened in current times for Bran is inconsequential.

I've always been in the camp that paradoxes are self healing i.e. if you were to travel back in time and change something, you aren't really changing anything because everything that lead up to you changing it already happened and needed to happen in order for you to change it. Here is a rather good example and a better explanation of what I'm talking about...

So the answer to this is.... While what happened to Hodor in the past happened to Bran in Bran's current time, it had already happened to Hodor long ago which makes it so that Bran is absolutely required to time travel to make it happen. Bran isn't changing the current time line, he is just doing what is required to bring it about. Hodor was changed as a boy and Bran had to go back and do it....there is no other way it could have happened.

Last edited:
Maybe the 4th dimension (time) just doesn't work quite the same in that universe as it does in ours...

Well, I still think that curse from season one will somehow come into play in the end.

Mirri Maz Duur said:
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.

Game of Thrones

So... People are willing to accept dragons and magic and walking corpses but when there is a bit of time travel, they run amok with it.

It reminds me a bit of those who accused Peter Jackson of being inaccurate for using tomatoes in Lord of the Rings because tomatoes are a product of America and don't fit into medieval-European themed Middle Earth...

That was just sad :cry:,did not see that coming, neither the origin for 'hodor', nor the speed the whole thing happende with, from Bran fucking up to the white walkers showing up was what ? 10 minutes of episode time? The whole time paradox thing, anytime time paradoxes show up, in any series, movie or book, I get a headache, so now I just ignore it :p
What struck me as horrible though, is the ease Bran and the girl just sacrificed Hodor with, even worse because he was beeing mind controlled at the time, imagine being concious, but having your body controlled by someone else, and getting ripped apart as a result..... 'Hold the door' indeed, poor idiot, not to mention another Direwolf down, that leaves only Ghost and Nymeria left alive...

What exactly is it gonna gain Bran anyway? Hodor held them of for maybee a minute? 2? Then they will burst trough just the same, the white walkers are much faster than the girl dragging a sled, and since he is marked they can track them now.....it's gonna take a big asspull to get them outta this whithout it getting silly.

Last edited:
What exactly is it gonna gain Bran anyway? Hodor held them of for maybee a minute? 2? Then they will burst trough just the same, the white walkers are much faster than the girl dragging a sled, and since he is marked they can track them now.....it's gonna take a big asspull to get them outta this whithout it getting silly.

cue in Coldhannds...

He's the three eyed raven. He's been looking for someone to replace him (for what reason hasn't been revealed) and he found Bran, the only person with powerful enough mental powers and guided him to the tree.

The tree is part of a network (probably one of the oldest, if not the oldest and original) of weirwoods, the trees that the children of the forest also used for their... business, whatever that may have been, so it stands to assume they're conduits for psychic powers, if not even amplifiers.

So the whole Hodor origin story has become a headache for translators in countries where they won't watch anything unless it's been dubbed (see, Spain).
The character's name has not been changed since the beginning of the story for them and now they had to come up with the lamest translation ever to try and make it fit: "aguanta el port?n"

Whatever. Serves them right.

15daf2dba2123bfc487bd6b554df5655.jpg

These seem to be popping up in random elevators....

So the whole Hodor origin story has become a headache for translators in countries where they won't watch anything unless it's been dubbed (see, Spain).
The character's name has not been changed since the beginning of the story for them and now they had to come up with the lamest translation ever to try and make it fit: "aguanta el port?n"

Whatever. Serves them right.

In the German dubbed version they went for: "Halte das Tor". It works well enough :dunno:

[video=youtube;6xpG74e_-94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xpG74e_-94[/video]

I enjoy long detailed breakdowns like this; it reminds me of film school.

[video=youtube;4ucs-tadUtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ucs-tadUtI[/video]

I'm guessing that we'll see the end of the Tower of Joy scene tomorrow. The actor who played the young Ned Stark is listed in the cast on episode six's iMDB page.

BTW, Ian McShane is listed in the cast on episode seven's page, so that must be his single-episode appearance. Given what he has said publicly about the character he is playing, we should see somebody else returning in episode seven as well.

Well, that was disappointing.

Yes, very.

Denearis's scene was a recreation of scenes from season 1 - convincing the Dothraki to follow her. And she has a dragon. We get it! Everyone got it. Can something actually please happen?

Arya - two seasons in this temple doing weird shit with no clue as to where this plot line would go. No, wait. It's over now. Except, that other girl will chase her around the world for the rest of her life.

Reintroducing characters from the Red Wedding from, what - 3 seasons ago? I don't remember anything about their familial ties or allegiances.

Introducing new characters - Sam's family, just so we can have some more unnecessary plot lines, where people inevitably die.

The show was always this, but recently it has become even more a case of "All My Children: Medieval Edition feat. Dragons"