Garage Door Openers (parents got robbed)

willstrong163

Find the right material for your garage door. Program a remote with the help of garage door expert.

maxtortheone

Chicken Fiddler
Car(s)
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 16V
Thank you Gerard Butler.

Interrobang

Forum Addict
I wonder if they'd like to come and steal some of the real crap in my garage?

Put a bike-lock onto it, and it?s gone in seconds ... or a BMW-badge ...

[...]Still very curious as to why someone would close the door after stealing stuff......

You wouldn?t want to raise any warning flags for neighbors or passing cops ... robbers usally don?t break-in at the front of a house (and I asume the garage is at the front in your case) in daylight becaue it may be seen afterwards or during. And if, they try not to leave visible traces that limits their time. And you wouldn?t want cops already on the way, while you are still buisy cleaning out another house in the neighborhood, would you? Ideally (from perspective of the thieves) people would not notice a break-in untill hours have passed (and they are already far away). A closed door without sign of forced entering can provide the time nessecary ... but this shows you are (likely) dealing with professionals here, as they put some thought into it. This is not some kid seeing an opportunity, grabbing stuff and running away.
And because of that, better change all the locks too, they may have taken a good look at the locks (and doors in general) and come back when it?s not expected with the right tools to get into the house quickly. Don?t want to worry you, but that only little stuff was taken should not be reason to take this lightly in the sense of "new door-code and we?re fine" ...

Last edited:

mid

This happened to us today. When I left for work this morning, I found the Craftsman snow thrower gone. It was too wide to go through the door; it must be stolen by someone using the garage door opener. It was an expensive model. Someone must know what they are doing. The snow blower was an expensive model. The lawn mower was left behind. I guess the thief is getting ready for the upcoming winter. I agree, it could be possibly done by some kids because WTF closes the door afterwards? It's time to lock up everything including the car even when it is sitting inside the garage.