Gear.fi 2014

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
New year, old tricks.

Starting off with the same note as last year, BMW club ice track day in Joensuu.

The date is 22.2.2014 and track will be open from 11.00 onwards. But before we get to that there's some roadtripping to be done. Here's one suggestion of what's on the menu: http://goo.gl/maps/ivOLU Accommodation will most likely be same as last year as well.

To sum up the proposed schedule for the weekend
Friday 21. Set of early(ish) for a nice drive along smaller roads towards Jyv?skyl?, where we'll meet up with western forces. Then head towards Joensuu, to our weekend cabin.
Saturday 22. Ice track day.
Sunday 23. Visit Koli national park for views and possibly ice road, if people are interested, before heading back south.

There's imminent danger of foreign influence in this meet. So I'll be heading towards Helsinki on Thursday evening to set up defenses. :p

Last edited:
This sounds like fun!

My itinerary, for information's sake:

Thursday perhaps from Helsinki to Kokkola by train to meet up with public and fetch the wanker.

Friday afternoon to Jyv?skyl?, meet up with monkeys.

Friday evening to Joensuu for cabinsing.

Saturday morning to ice rack, and hopefully not crash/burn Mazda.

Saturday evening to Kuopio for other mischiefs.

Aww man, if only this would have been yelled about sooner: I've already made other plans for that Saturday :(

Anyhoo, I've got the *ahem* winter tires for loose_unit(?) and on top of that, some of public's personal stuffs ready for transportation.

Last edited:
My itinerary, for information's sake:

Thursday perhaps from Helsinki to Kokkola by train to meet up with public and fetch the wanker.

Friday afternoon to Jyv?skyl?, meet up with monkeys.

Friday evening to Joensuu for cabinsing.

Saturday morning to ice rack, and hopefully not crash/burn Mazda.

Saturday evening to Kuopio for other mischiefs.

I take offence at this name-calling! Oh, you meant the vehicle...

I will bring either the Pug or the Saab, depending of whether someone needs the winter tires from the Saab (4x108 bolt pattern).

I'm in! Will bring T5 and Donkervoort given i can borrow the trailer.

coming to meet with the ds3 :eek:

Oh no, I won't be the only foreigner there... :(

Well, then let's up the ante: we need more foreigners attending than Finns! :evil:

I'd quite fancy tagging along, but I've a distinct lack of wheels so I'd need a ride, anyone in the Helsinki/Espoo area up for that?

I'd quite fancy tagging along, but I've a distinct lack of wheels so I'd need a ride, anyone in the Helsinki/Espoo area up for that?

Given our route goes directly past there, I don't see that as being a major issue, although we will be carrying a lot of beer!

Since you are going through my town anyway, I might join in.

Any idea what time you will be in Jyv?skyl? region?

Last edited:
As I've already tried to explain to DaBoom on irc, I sadly can't make it on that weekend to Joensuu for ice hooning, but if some pre-meet in Helsinki-area is possible I'd be glad to join!

if some pre-meet in Helsinki-area is possible I'd be glad to join!

I've been advocating that idea as well, since I'll be there on Thursday evening anyway. :)

I wonder if there should be roadtrip-style vinyls, namely flags and IMPACT names on rear side windows...

Pre-meet in Helsinki during the week sounds good, I would be up for that. I can also ask jannem if he could tag along.

Let the lads drive the car while you're at it, they're almost used to checking it out by now.. :lol: