#gear.fi 2015

Put the Holset turbo in the Volvo.

R.A. and I are leaving the Helsinki area on Sat morning at something around 6:30-7:00. If anyone is missing a ride, let me know. We're coming back on Sunday straight after Tykkim?ki.

DaBoom, when you have a second, can you PM me your phone number and/or address where we should aim then :)

I'm getting more and more excited every minute, especially because here in northern Germany this winter there were about 2 days of half-decent snow in total...

I'm getting more and more excited every minute, especially because here in northern Germany this winter there were about 2 days of half-decent snow in total...

:( And I am getting disappointed and depressed...

I too would like to know where I should head on Saturday. I'll be leaving Helsinki at some point in the morning.

I'm talking about reserving ice track near Pukkila for Friday. It's quite perfectly on the way from Helsinki to DaBoom's place. I'm waiting for confirmation, but I asked 3?5 PM and it would be total 200 euros including towing service to remove us from snow banks. We will need it.

so pukkila first?
gonna go there since my ride wasn't needed for passangers, do i need money or will you bill us later or prior?

I'll get a new alternator for the Cortina tomorrow, so I will bring it out.. If there is anyone driving from Helsinki or Vantaa on Friday at 2-5 pm, and wouldn't mind driving behind an old red POS at 80 kph, pm me! And DaBoom, could you PM me with a phone number/address as well?

Thanks!

Fairlady, Beni and i will be staying in Helsinki from thursday to friday. Wouldn't mind driving together up :)

I'll get a new alternator for the Cortina tomorrow, so I will bring it out.. If there is anyone driving from Helsinki or Vantaa on Friday at 2-5 pm, and wouldn't mind driving behind an old red POS at 80 kph, pm me! And DaBoom, could you PM me with a phone number/address as well?

Thanks!

sure i can drive behind you, convoy is good idea.

Who else is leaving from the Hellsinki area? We could convoy up.

Posmo: I'll be taking the Sierra shocks and stuff I guess, this is the best opportunity to get them...

Since I'm not coming, yet would like to see some familiar faces, are we going to have some kind of meet-and-greet/wait for people to arrive type of gathering like last year? If needs be, I can also organize facilities and help wrench on cars if needed, or just show off my E30 to those so inclined. :cool:

In terms of location, Rusa is an easy choice due to location, despite all the local amish.

Edit: The place where I've been smashing my car is only some 15-20 minutes from HEL, by the way.

Last edited:
I'm also traveling to Pukkila on Friday. I'd love to be on the track at 3 PM (still waiting for confirmation) which limits my schedule a bit. Other than that, meet-and-greet would be nice, if possible due to some people arriving quite late afternoon.

Do I need to bring air matress? Would be great if not, more room for beer in luggage ;)

As I said on irc. The mattresses I have here are primarily reserved for people having luggage restrictions (i.e. flying in, or driving and leaving the car here..). I hope only Finns need to provide like 5-7 mattresses for themselves, that should cover space for everyone. Also, I have 2 sleeping bags and 3 blankets. I hope people bring their own sheets and towels, even if I have few of each if needed (again for people flying in mainly).

Posmo: I'll be taking the Sierra shocks and stuff I guess, this is the best opportunity to get them...

I'll bring them along, there has been a "development" that might save you a few euros.. :rolleyes:

In other news, We'll see if I'll bring the Cortina after all, this is what it currently looks like:

WP_002293_zps62810753.jpg

Posmo's original schedule is a bit late if you want to make it to the track, I think (if there is a track!). I'd suggest we move out when the germans' plane lands, 12:30-13 or something. D-Fence called the seat in the e28, and I haven't heard anything from EyeQ, but we should have enough cars so that we don't have to use rear seats?

That is... if my flu goes away. Third day of high fever now, so I'm not so confident about my Friday attendance atm :(

Last edited:
Posmo's original schedule is a bit late if you want to make it to the track, I think (if there is a track!). I'd suggest we move out when the germans' plane lands, 12:30-13 or something. D-Fence called the seat in the e28, and I haven't heard anything from EyeQ, but we should have enough cars so that we don't have to use rear seats?

That is... if my flu goes away. Third day of high fever now, so I'm not so confident about my Friday attendance atm :(

I have work until 1 pm, I can leave from J?rvenp?? at around 1:30 pm if necessary. :)