#gear.fi 2015

i have 2 person airmattress and sleepingbag :3

I have a sleeping bag, +1 has sleeping bag and air mattress.

Also, if anyone is still following, can anyone confirm what kind of sleeping gear they're bringing here? Blankets/sleeping bags, mattresses and pillows needed... :p

Packed my car parts and Baofeng, left sleeping bag. I can bring blankets though.

I haven't been able to contact the ice track this morning. No worries though, the guy said yesterday that he's quite busy in the mornings. Forecast says +3?C at Pukkila which is quite alarming, but I'll let you know right away when he answers the phone.

Update: As I presumed, it's many plus degrees on the track, so it's closed. Running on wet track destroys everything that is left of it and ruins the ground too, so it's the only right choice to do. So we will skip that and head from Rusan Shelli towards Kouvola.

Anyway, we still have one track in Sunday, so no worries! :)

Shite, now we could have had a longer meeting in Helsinki region that I had attended.... :(

I would have loved to meet all of you guys.

It wasn't me this time! :-D

610676377173268550a8572750b41d61.jpg

81884d6bf9f7fd05d25e4bc58b0db451.jpg

Reactions: lip
That looks promising :D hopefully snow was soft and tender.

We are on our way with Polkky, left the highway bout ten minutes ago.

So, with the weather being what it is, I guess some of us will head for the rally event and some will take a day off / hang around wrenching on cars. But anyway, up until 10-11, my place is the one to aim for for new arrivals..

It wasn't me this time! :-D

But atleast it was another BMW, just to keep the tradition up. - Did this happen on the same road too? :lol:

Hope the damage is minimal. That sideskirt does look it lost the battle against the snow, tough. :|

Nope, different road since we aren't at the track as we were last year. The skirt looks OK, even the holes for the retainers, only the retainers are gone.

So, while I still have a guest, I guess the meet can be seen as concluded. Didn't go as planned when it comes to weather and driving plans, unfortunately. But while I was quite busy working with all the organizing, I think people still had a good time with what we had.

Thanks to everybody who attented, DaBoom for organizing everything, Adrian for letting me to experience the Bavarian V12, Liga for not getting anry despite of my best efforts with MXM's RC car, public for letting me try out the MX-5 etc :lol:

And a very compact photo dump. Feel free to use.

FinalGear_Winter-9.jpg
FinalGear_Winter-8.jpg
FinalGear_Winter-7.jpg
FinalGear_Winter-6.jpg
FinalGear_Winter-5.jpg
FinalGear_Winter-4.jpg
FinalGear_Winter-3.jpg
FinalGear_Winter-2.jpg
FinalGear_Winter-1.jpg

Attachments

• FinalGear_Winter-7.jpg
    FinalGear_Winter-7.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 85
  • FinalGear_Winter-6.jpg
    FinalGear_Winter-6.jpg
    623.7 KB · Views: 93
  • FinalGear_Winter-5.jpg
    FinalGear_Winter-5.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 95
  • FinalGear_Winter-4.jpg
    FinalGear_Winter-4.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 97
  • FinalGear_Winter-3.jpg
    FinalGear_Winter-3.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 95
  • FinalGear_Winter-2.jpg
    FinalGear_Winter-2.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 92
  • FinalGear_Winter-1.jpg
    FinalGear_Winter-1.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 95
  • FinalGear_Winter-2-2.jpg
    FinalGear_Winter-2-2.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 89
  • FinalGear_Winter-1-2.jpg
    FinalGear_Winter-1-2.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: lip
At the airport now, the flight is delayed 35 minutes. Fortunately the layover in FRA was 1:15 hours so I'll have about 40 minutes there with the delay. Even if this flight will be delayed further I still don't have a problem since LH flies FRA-HAM every hour.

[edit]
Gaaaaah! The flight to Hamburg is cancelled and it seems I have to take the train which takes 4 hours instead of 1?
Additionally, the self-service transfer counters don't want to print out a train ticket so I have to wait in line for what seems to be about an hour.
That means I won't be at home at 18:45h but around 22:00h?
[/edit]

Last edited:
[edit]
Gaaaaah! The flight to Hamburg is cancelled and it seems I have to take the train which takes 4 hours instead of 1?
Additionally, the self-service transfer counters don't want to print out a train ticket so I have to wait in line for what seems to be about an hour.
That means I won't be at home at 18:45h but around 22:00h?
[/edit]

Poop D:

Air Baltic was spot on and on time, I am very impressed with their service, especially with the airhostess, Natalija, who was extremely attractive!

Well, fuck?

I didn't get a train ticket but I was transferred to another flight which should have left 5 minutes ago. Problem is that flight is delayed until about 20:15h but they aren't sure if that flight is going to fly since the plane isn't here yet?

Last edited:
What the hell??? That's Lufthansa from Frankfurt, no? I expected better from them! That should get a nice compensation...

I already looked it up, apparently you won't get compensation if the cancellation/delay is caused by "unforeseen events such as bad weather", and according to news sites the weather was that bad this morning that every plane was de-iced completely instead of just the wings, causing a massive delay at the de-icers. According to news sites, "the situation has normalized in the afternoon", but there were some 105 flights cancelled. To be honest, I don't think I'll get back to Hamburg today since the 18:00h flight (which is actually the one before I got re-booked) was delayed until 19:45h. Almost all other flights which were scheduled for 17:15h, 17:40h and so on have been delayed as well.