Gear Knobs

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Last edited:
I am sure that was one of the suggestions someone posted in another thread on the topic......

I knew it was familiar in this context but couldn't find the original post. Bet that Wilman has been lurking again!!

:wheelchair: Bloody TV producers, coming in here stealing our ideas! They should go back to their own country yadda yadda.....

Still isn't right him stealing ideas and them getting upset we were sharing the show... ( I know it is not the same, but it ain't right)

That's the what your's is mine and what's mine is mine principle

Wilman never gave a toss about people torrenting the show. He is savvy enough to know that piracy is mainly good for all types of media as various studies have shown. It was suits who kicked up a fuss and got FG issued with a legal notice.

It would be hilarious (and incredible) if this forum inspired the name for the new show.

Testicles.

Um, I'm guessing that y'all aren't really being serious, but just in case, you don't honestly think that someone 'stole' the name Gear Knob from this board, do you? I can think of at least three times the term 'gear knob' was used prominently on the show; plus it's a term that would be closely associated by anyone with the automotive world. And it's not that great to begin with, so I'm not sure why anyone would even want to claim it.

Um, I'm guessing that y'all aren't really being serious, but just in case, you don't honestly think that someone 'stole' the name Gear Knob from this board, do you? I can think of at least three times the term 'gear knob' was used prominently on the show; plus it's a term that would be closely associated by anyone with the automotive world. And it's not that great to begin with, so I'm not sure why anyone would even want to claim it.

And for my next trick I'm going to go to my high school reunion dressed as Willy Wonka and piss all over the homecoming queen.......

There is evidence aplenty of lurking here by Wilman and May at least. Who is to say that the idea didn't come from here? We will never know for sure unless one of them admits as much on a talk show.

Because it would be a double entendre (possibly triple), and a funny potential TV show name.

also registered ?Speedbird? as trademark for driving-related merchandise on 28 July ? which could potentially be the name of a new character or feature in a TV show.

Isn't Speedbird already a British Airways trademark? It's definitely the call sign for all their aircraft.

While they may have registered the trademark is seems like they don't have the .co.uk domain name yet as that has been registered to a little car parts shop in East Yorkshire for 11 years. The .com one isn't clear burt apparently the registration changed on the 17th last month.

Last edited:
Isn't Speedbird already a British Airways trademark? It's definitely the call sign for all their aircraft.

Wasn't it reserved for the Concorde fleet and therefore no longer relevant? I'm not as aviation savvy as some here but that's how I recall it.

Wasn't it reserved for the Concorde fleet and therefore no longer relevant?
I think Concorde flights always had low digit callsigns (e.g. Speedbird One), so that's probably why you'd have a Concorde/Speedbird association. All BA international flights I've heard over the years have been 'Speedbirds' though, including B747s, etc.

And they all came with a 'Nigel' up the front :cool:

Wasn't it reserved for the Concorde fleet and therefore no longer relevant? I'm not as aviation savvy as some here but that's how I recall it.

As Wing Nut noted, Speedbird is the call sign for all British Airways flights. So on ATC you would hear "Speedbird Four-One-Eight, Cleared for Take-Off Runway Two-Seven Right".

Concorde flights were referred to specifically by ATC as "Speedbird Concorde (One / Two / Etc.)".

They foresaw this way back in 2007:

1iipDaf.jpg

:D

It's freaking Gear Knobs, it's not like they called it "The Final Gear".