• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

"Gearge Bush doesn't care about black people"

Jostyrostelli

Forum Addict
Current Stream Information
Server Status: Server is currently down.

----

Who is Gearge Bush?

Ianspeed said:
Current Stream Information
Server Status: Server is currently down.

----

Who is Gearge Bush?

I dunno who Gearge Bush is, do you?

I saw the video on BigBoys.com

It was a blantant remark, but what can I say with all this malarky going on around racism and looting in hurricane diaster areas.

The last bit was probably something that came out that he didn't mean, he was definately caught in the moment.

I agree 100% with his comments before the Bush thing. If he said Bush doesn't care about the middle, middle lower, and lower class, I'd agree.

He probably wouldn't have gotten as much attention if he hadn't said it.

^ :lmao: :mrgreen:

I dont know about big George 'not caring' for black people however I rekon if a disaster like this were to happen in Florida or Washington, the relief effort would be much quicker. Could it be cos New Orleans is prodominatly home to black people that relief took so long?? Maybe, probly, I dont know...

[OT]

@SPNSTI: i was looking at your musiclist on gerpok.com, and noticed that in your list of most played artists, there is boudewijn de groot :shock: how in gods name do you know him?

[/OT]

bone said:
[OT]

@SPNSTI: i was looking at your musiclist on gerpok.com, and noticed that in your list of most played artists, there is boudewijn de groot :shock: how in gods name do you know him?

[/OT]

ESPN comes from Holland :D

take it from a black person bush dosent give a FLYING FUCK about black people :thumbsdown:

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

I dont know about big George 'not caring' for black people however I rekon if a disaster like this were to happen in Florida or Washington, the relief effort would be much quicker. Could it be cos New Orleans is prodominatly home to black people that relief took so long?? Maybe, probly, I dont know...

Of course if this were to hit Florida's gulf coast, yes releif would be quiker, because we in the Panhandle know how to help ourselves and not go looting and panicking like a bunch of jackasses. Our "relief" comes from ourselves, something the New Orleans population seems incapable of, which is why you hardly ever see media coverage more than 2 days after a hurricane plows through Pensacola, Navarre, or Fort Walton Beach. Destin might get 3 days, because that's the resort town...

Re: "Gearge Bush doesn't care about black people"

So whats new? Bush or anyone in Washington don?t give a shit about anyone who ani?t a powerful lobbyist giving them money.

YF19pilot said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

Of course if this were to hit Florida's gulf coast, yes releif would be quiker, because we in the Panhandle know how to help ourselves and not go looting and panicking like a bunch of jackasses. Our "relief" comes from ourselves, something the New Orleans population seems incapable of, which is why you hardly ever see media coverage more than 2 days after a hurricane plows through Pensacola, Navarre, or Fort Walton Beach. Destin might get 3 days, because that's the resort town...

Everywhere else in this country that has been ravaged by a hurricane, has not had the problems with looting and panicking (Florida, Atlantic Coast, hell even Alabama and Mississippi). People in those areas pick up and move on, and don't expect the government to come rolling in instantly to give them everything.

Plus, help comes a lot quicker when you aren't shooting at the people bringing you supplies. They had to stop rescuing people a number of times as a result of gunfire towards rescue helicopters. What the hell were these people thinking??

The relief effort was slow, yes, but it wasn't that it was just slow to New Orleans. A lot of people tend to forget that Mississippi got hit just as hard, but with all of the shooting / looting and such in New Orleans, thats been the big story. There were parts of Mississippi that people could not get to for 2 1/2 days after the storm because of the damage. Those people had to wait longer for aid than the people in New Orleans. I don't see anyone complaining about how long it took in Mississippi.

This whole incident has provided a place for someone to stand up and complain with no consideration for the difficulty that is required for something of this scale to be managed. Granted they knew where it was heading 2 - 3 days before it struck, it takes time to mobilize the type of relief needed, and really that can only be moved in AFTER the storm has done its damage, and you would want to keep the supplies out of harms way, so storing them in Slidell for New Orleans (about 30 miles apart) would be a bad idea. 5 days to get people out of New Orleans is good, unless someone knows of the magic wormhole that can move things instantly from anywhere to anywhere else.

This is a chance for everyone to blame everyone else for their problems, instead of taking personal responsibility for not following the directions that they were given. I still stand by the idea that if the rescue teams didn't have to pluck 5000+ people (who clearly didn't do what they were told) off their roofs they could have focused their effort on moving people from the Superdome, and could have probably done it in less than 3 days.

Man, did anyone else catch the Daily Show tonight? I normally love Jon Stewart, but I think blaming all this on the President is becoming a convienient pasttime for the uninformed.

Here are some of the things that I think made a big difference in this being a mess:
- New Orleans had an enormous crime rate before the hurricane (with murder 7 to 8 times the national average for example).
- Mayor Ray Nagin made a mistake by leaving more than 200 school buses unused in the evacuation, not to mention any other form of transportation.
- The designated shelter areas in New Orleans (the dome and the convention center), had little or no food, little or no medical supplies and little or no aid workers. (IMHO blunder #2 by Mayor Nagin)
- Apparently, there are laws that prevent the federal government from doing things like sending in the national guard without being asked by the governor of the state.
When Louisiana state governor Blanco was asked when she had asked for the national guard to come in, she said something to the effect of "I don't even know what day it is, how do you expect me to answer such a question?" :shock:
- The 82nd airborne division (about 1500 people) was ready within hours after the hurricane hit, but was not asked or were not allowed to act.
- After the hurricane hit, and with thousands of people sitting at the dome, the convention center and on the interstate waiting for buses, there were buses waiting all along the interstate, but they were not sent in.
- Walmart had sent in pellets of bottled water, but were turned away by FEMA, saying that they didn't need it.
- All sorts of other bureaucratic red tape caused delays and idiotic actions similar to things mentioned above.

People who protest against Bush are usually: hippies, rock stars, drug addicts, and the generally ignorant.
If you were a successful millionaire, you'd support Bush or most other Republican.
Otherwise, you're screwed! ;)

Z Draci said:
People who protest against Bush are usually: hippies, rock stars, drug addicts, and the generally ignorant.
If you were a successful millionaire, you'd support Bush or most other Republican.
Otherwise, you're screwed! ;)

I'm not really seeing how this relates TBH. I support non radical thinkers, unfortunately right now we are in an era where people can't elect someone based on the party they are running in instead of the actual issues the person represents. Republican or Democrat, if they don't feel the need to make me pay for everyone else's problems, and they let me do what I want with minimal government interference (like play violent video games)ht ,ey are likely to get my vote. Unfortunately in the last election it was either someone who would give my money to the military or to people who don't deserve it. Actually it was more, the current president and someone who isn't the current president, but I didn't want to vote based on those issues.

I tend to vote these days on the firearms issue. I wasn't enthralled by either candidate, to be frank, but Bush scared me less than Kerry. The way Kerry tried to force his military service down our throats didn't help. But I digress.

Apparently, there are laws that prevent the federal government from doing things like sending in the national guard without being asked by the governor of the state.

"Apparently"? Nice to know that when you vote for your governor, you know what powers, rights and responsibilities he/she/it has.

But you are quite correct. The Guard belongs to the governors. My commissioning certificate is signed by then-governor Gray Davis, not the President. (Current CalGuard officers are signed in by Arnold Schwarzenegger: how cool is that?!) The Army Reserve belongs to the federal government, as does the regular army. In cases where the Governor and the federal government are at odds, the government can federalise the Guard over the objections of the governor with a vote by 2/3 of congress. (Or 2/3 of each house, or some similar such). To my knowledge, this last happened during the segregation/integration deal down in the South (Alabama? Missisippi?) where the governor called out the Guard to stop integration in a school, and Washington countermanded their orders.

Neither can the federal government use federal troops without either the aforementioned support of Congress or the permission of the state governors. This can get a little finnicky, since Posse Commitatus specifically applies to law enforcement, but on the other hand the only federal military job acknowledged outside of emergencies in the US is that held by the Corps of Engineers. The Coast Guard is actually exempt from this, but usually isn't in much of a position to be effective at law enforcement on land.

So, while people were shooting, for whatever crazed reason, at the rescue people, the 82nd were legally not only powerless to do anything about it but actively prohibited by law. Louisiana law is actually relatively generous as regards the Guard though, because it empowers both LA and Rest-of-US guardsmen with law enforcement powers in certain circumstances. The problem then becomes the instructions that the Guard were given. Past disasters have shown that coming down hard immediately usually is quite effective, the Guard were not given such instructions for a couple of days, and even then they were less than unequivocal.

As a side note, it should be noted that it is enshrined in US Supreme Court caselaw in a couple of instances that the government/police are under absolutely no legal obligation to come to your aid. Quite literally, the only person responsible for your safety in the US is you. For some reason, usually only gun owners are aware of this piece of legal trivia

Incidently, back in 2002/2003 Tom Ridge went on TV and told the country "Have a three-day supply of food/water, because we're not going to guarantee that we can get to you before then". Unfortunately this got overshadowed by the duct tape idiocy in the same speech.

I'm not going to say that the federal government should come out of this smelling of roses, but I do think that a very large proportion of what happened in New Orleans should be left at the feet of the people of NO and the representatives they elected.

NTM