Ownership Verified: geeman's Fiat Coup?

Winter tyres and wheels on.

Lovely. :)

That is one beautiful car :thumbsup:

Beautiful, as others have said, I wish these cars were available for us USians

Man, when you said new tires and wheels I was hoping for something like this:

tn_L-Jeremy-Clarkson-Top-Gear-Fiat-Police-Car.jpg

Really though, that's a nice looking little coupe and just like all the other Americans here I hate that it wasn't offered to us.

Did some fixing today.
Put on a new oil cap (old one had electrical tape as the sealant)
Put on a "new" right side mirror (bought one from a scrapped car. old one had a plastic bit missing from the back)
Put on a "new" dash clock (old one stopped working)
Tried to fix the power window on the right side that stopped working.

Neither the clock or power window started to work though. The power window motor works (by attaching it to a battery directly), but not with the buttons on the car. Both of those problems probably have something do with the fuses, but I couldn't figure out which fuses are attached to those. I'll have to revisit those problems again.

That is awesome! we got a bunch of Coupes (mostly turbos) over here..
and they keep breaking down.......XD

Current mood: Annoyed :-(

The idling problems are still annoying me. The revs keep jumping up and down from 1000 to 2000rpm after I accelerate hard-ish on the motorway for example. This has been happening for a while now, but it has gotten worse recently. Now if I look at the accelerator pedal the wrong way it starts happening.

There is a new problem now too. On first starts there is electrical whining noise that reacts to revs. That goes away after the car gets warm. The alternator is going maybe (?).

I did clean the idle control valve during the weekend. It was very dirty, but it didn't seem to help at all. Also changed the spark plugs, they were quite new looking, but I already bought new ones so what ever.

Next thing on the list is to change the lambda sensor (the local Fiat dealer said it should help). Here is hoping it does. Oil/oil filter and air filter change is also planned.

Also I wish my wheels would arrive soon so I could switch to summer tires.

Check your starter. I've had similar problems in one of my previous cars (the Pug 306) and that turned out to be a failing starter. Up to and including the whining noise right after it started.

With BMW failing starter just shorts the whole electrical system and produces quite a lot of smoke. :p

A new lambda or MAF sensor and an alternator bearing will cure thou Fiat.

New summer wheels and tyres.

I know the picture is bad and the car is dirty. I forgot to take pics at dad's where I got the the tires installed so I quickly snapped one on my parking spot. On sidenote two guys in cars and that biker decided to have a meeting in the parking lot entrance in the background (the cars moved right before I took the photo). I'll promise to post better pictures after I get the car cleaned :p

Changed the air filter. Didn't change the oil. Drive shaft rubber seals had gone from both sides so we decided it's best to let some professionals change those and they might as well change the lambda and the oil gasket seal (and oil at the same time) too because they are bit hard to change without a proper car lift.

The noise I was complaining about earlier was most likely power steering. The fluid levels were quite low. Topped that up. Will have to see if it helped the next time I start the car from cold.

Good news is that the clock is working. Apparently the clock is wired to the interior lighting fuse which had blown.

Last edited:
No plans, other than if it breaks somehow I will replace it with stock.
Aaaand the exhaust is starting to break. The softer bendable bit that's on the most low point of the whole thing will soon have a big hole judging by the amount it has worn down. There is a broken bracket in the middle and the cat has some rust holes on the outer shielding too. So I guess it's time to look for a replacement :p

The exhaust is bigger all the way from the manifold though which is the expensive part of it. So I am probably going to just get new piping from the manifold on. Keep the same size but route it better so it won't hang so low and is better attached. And change the end to a nicer looking dual tip.

Fiat dealers seem to have a bit of difficulty finding parts for my car. My drive shaft boots are pretty much gone, so they need replacing. The local sweat shop said they are bit special, so I decided to go the local Fiat dealer to find the bits. It was promising at first when they said it would take just couple of days and cost only about 20 euros. So today they were supposed to get installed. But they didn't fit. "This car is so rare so we have to order them from Italy, it will be about 180 euros and it will take two weeks". Good thing Ebay was invented and I found them for 10 UK pounds.

The price for owning a "rare" car I guess..

Trouble in paradise.

Something went wrong. I was just driving to work and the car suddenly stalled and it wouldn't start again. Engine turns over and cams are rotating. Anyway, it's now at the local garage being diagnosed. Hoping it isn't majorly expensive job to fix it...

Month and a half and a big bag of money later the car is back in my posession!