General Anime Thread

Watched Kimi ni Todoke 11.
You gotta love Kurumi for her split personality and the consequential lulz

Last edited:
Started watching one piece again and loving the series. i had stopped originally after the Enies Lobby arc in order to allow the series to air more episodes (its a series i really can't watch one episode at a time). Really liking the Thousand Sunny and about to get started on the Thriller Bark Arc.
At some point i really should catch up with Bleach as well.

[YOUTUBE=fdqqASpMV0Y]'The disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' Official Trailer[/YOUTUBE]
This looks awesome, and a very good compensation for the Endless Eight episodes!

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni opening theme stuck in my head :?

All. Freaking. Day.

Wait 'till you listen to the ni kai OP. ;)

Ok, this makes no sense at all (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni). All was well and good until the 5th episode, now all of a sudden I think we have been transported to a parallel universe with the same characters but beyond a certain point, a different plot. The problem is the line is not clearly drawn and I didn't realize what was going on until a few episodes later.

Welcome to higurashi, enjoy your stay. :p good luck with Meakashi-hen that's when shit gets real

Last edited:
It would be nice if they actually finished one plot before starting another. Now I have to keep track of 3 parallel universes in my head, hoping that they are revisited later.

Don't think of them as parallel universes, think of them as one subtituting the next. ;)

16 episodes and still no clue what is going on, running out of memory for all of these contradicting storylines :?

The one way this could work is that the possibility has arisen that one or more of the main characters is delusional. The story is almost consistent if you throw out all but the three most recent story arcs.

While the stories may seem contradicting they are not, allow me to synthesize it for you

episodes 1-4 one of them is delusional
4-8 Substitutes episodes 1-4 storyline
9-13 Substitutes episodes 4-8 storyline
14-15 Backstory-will come later. MUCH later
16-21 Shit gets real,episodes 4-8 storyline as told by shion, should help you understand just what the hell was going on.

Ok, this makes no sense at all (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni). All was well and good until the 5th episode, now all of a sudden I think we have been transported to a parallel universe with the same characters but beyond a certain point, a different plot. The problem is the line is not clearly drawn and I didn't realize what was going on until a few episodes later.

Higurashi is based on a game, so just think of it as a reset. They are basically showing you all paths of the game.

Higurashi is based on a game, so just think of it as a reset. They are basically showing you all paths of the game.

I knew it was based on a sort of visual novel, but THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. +1 to you sir.

Things are starting to come together with the final episodes of the first series anyway. I'm just terrible with suspense.

EDIT: bah, forget it. It's all gone to shit again. I will refrain from further speculation until I'm finished.

Last edited:
Just started watching Fullmetal K-On err I mean Sora no Woto. :D But seriously though, Kanata is so Yui, even down to the ability to identify an exact note and playing an instrument very badly. :D The captain looks a little bit like Mugi too. The background story is a war just ended, and they are in the military, so that feels a little bit like FMA. I'm definitely going to follow this one.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6783

Set in the future on a land that, after being marred by long-lasting wars, has settled into a quiet cycle of decline. Kanata Kumika is a 15-year-old girl who fulfills her dream of enlisting in the army and joins a unit of five girls who protect a fortress that looms over a little village. The girls also play music that reverberates across the skies over towns without people and seas without fish.

This title is reported as using the Spanish city of Cuenca and its nearby Alarc?n Fortress as a model for the storyline.

Last edited:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, episode 6:

THIS INFORMATION WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY NICE TO HAVE ABOUT 30 EPISODES AGO

and thus ends my spamming of this thread with confusion.

Last edited:
^ That's why they are called the Answer arcs. That particular Arc is in fact designed with the specific purpose of filling the gaps the adaptation from Visual Novel/Video Game/Manga left off.

Funimation has started putting dubbed episodes of Spice and Wolf on their website.
They did a better job than the ad made it seem.

[YOUTUBE]gMPPrw_hVfM[/YOUTUBE]

First sentence, and they got it wrong. It's Horo, not Holo!