General Anime Thread

It's not that we have a subconscious connection as much as we are pretty much similar. But yeah, I can't watch School days because I'm still deemed as unstable as a car filled with C4 balanced at the top of a cell phone tower. So, everyone dies or something?

Actually, one thing I noticed reading back in this thread for my non-existent post, is that you were ranting about Higurashi a lot in the early pages. I wasn't really following the thread then, and discovered Higurashi through this. It just sort of reminded me of that situation, especially considering how random my "process" for finding new anime is.

School Days, I found by looking for Sasameki Koto per salle(?)'s post, and on this particular site it was next alphabetically. I bookmarked it based on the cover image and name.

Some people don't die :p

I tend to rant on stuff I like.Actually I should be ranting about it right now since I can't re-watch it.
EDIT: Now osu is on my list of stuff i must check out.

Last edited:
I have started watching Berserk again, so wish they had made a second series to continue the story.

but they screwed up so many things in the anime from the manga =/

The manga is awesome though.

Yeah, I read the manga too, while the series didn't follow it exactly, it was very close and very good at least I thought so at least.

I'd like them to do a remake of the whole anime which then follows the manga more honestly. and keeps on going. but as a seinen series it's not likely as usually it's just otakus and children who are the big target groups for anime in japan.

I tend to rant on stuff I like.Actually I should be ranting about it right now since I can't re-watch it.
EDIT: Now osu is on my list of stuff i must check out.

Do it! No one I know is good enough to play competitively online :D

For a change of pace, I downloaded the visual novel School Days was based on, unfortunately only the first chapter has been translated as far as I can tell, but it was kind of cool. Production quality and animation was on par with the anime itself, so it was just like being able to manipulate the outcome. Unfortunately the first chapter is basically just the first episode of the anime and you only have two fairly inconsequential choices. I'm hoping it will heat up later on as the translation project is still active.

Don't get too related to any of the charachters

The anime is an Animated Adaptation of an animated Visual Novel of the same name. Despite only three of the game's 21 endings being such, the game is infamous for its violent "bad endings", which include such things as Makoto's scorned ex-lovers going suicidal or downright murderous. The series starts out with a happy, innocent mood, but gradually becomes much darker and by the end plummets deep into the pits of despair, angst and violence.

I already watched the anime, so the visual novel is sort of like trying to avoid that outcome :p

Just watched the Black Rock Shooter OVA. The story was pretty generic, I don't mind that too much, since this is Huke's first work and he has to work with time constraints. I'm kinda dissapointed they didn't hire Fujita Saki to voice Mato, since even though BRS is not Miku, many people got to know BRS from that Miku song. I'm extremely dissapointed by the ED, wtf was that? Just some guy singing some random song. At least they could've played a new arrange of BRS or a new original Miku song. I'm very tempted to give this an 8, I love Miku and the BRS song, the character design is very well done, the fight is very cool, but the music and the generic story are the weak points. So overall, 7/10.

Original BRS song.

Last edited:
I have acquired the first Higurashi When They Cry Visual Novel from a friend who went to Otakon (Otacon? the one in Baltimore). He claims it has much more depth than the anime, but I can say right off the bat, the characters look like mutant gorillas...

Apart fro initial d which i watched mostly because of my love of cars, the only anime that i did enjoyed was genius party. I watched about a dozen of time limit cycle and i still can find new meaning of the story. about every episode are so well thought out thats its scary. If anyone know another anime as intelligent as this one, i would be very pleased. Or anything as crazy as kuchu buranko.

So I watched Hayate No Gotoku. It was great. Although in the second season they tend to forget the combat battle part in "Super combat battle". Although I didn't mind much.

Then one of my friend showed me the way to Durarara!!. It is quite interesting. It basically creates a bucket load of mysteries and then ticks them off one by one. I still haven't watched the whole thing (only about 9 episodes of 24) and I think it is worth watching!

How's the action/fight scenes?

It's totally tongue-in-cheek, there really isn't serious combat going on. At one point they introduce a weekly butler battle feature, but they mostly just poke fun at other popular anime. Or itself (the characters are known to respond to the announcer and otherwise break the fourth wall).

Higurashi visual novel is ok but so far has not deviated at all from the anime, I guess that just means the anime is very well done. I'm still only on the second chapter though.

You know, After posting that thread about the sequel to Avatar it occurs to me that I could classify it as anime.

On other note, I just realized either my parents are closet anime fans or they learned from me, For instance I found my dad saying how much he enjoyed naruto and mom's ringtone is 'Dearly beloved' though that's probably pushing it.

The School Days translation project I stumbled upon earlier:

http://www.sekaiproject.net/news/?check=js8z5C6X1jYGRHMClneG%2Fw%3D%3D

Episodes 2 and 3 released with 4 on the way! I was impressed with episode 1, it's as much an anime as a visual novel. Hell the first episode of the anime is practically identical.

EDIT: word of warning, the anime could be rated PG-13... the game, not so much.

Last edited:
Trust me, you don't want to know.

You do? well you're on your own. Here are the questions, answers, OVAs . Do NOT, I beg on you do not, watch this at night. It gets ugly. also don't worry if it all doesn't make sense at first.

Heh, I'm actually re-watching right now (1 AM local time) but this discussion should probably be taken to the appropriate thread :p

We've seen what happened when this subject matter came up here before.

I'm re-watching the anime when I complete a chapter of the visual novel, and this time around the pacing feels way too fast... I didn't notice how much was cut/shortened just when reading, until I watched it again. The first time, the pacing seemed painfully slow, but that was probably because I was in 'WTF' mode.

Oh, and apparently there's some sort of OVA between the first season and Kai that I didn't know about before. "Gaiden."

Last edited:
nah. the extra episode is something called the ?Cat killing chapter?. if you want i can just write you the story briefly here, it's not connected to the plot.

as for the feeling of the anime being rushed, it's often the way for animated adaptations to cream more story and less time, if you get 26 episodes you have to make them last,know what I mean?