General Anime Thread

Oh, by the way guys, what about Ghost In The Shell? I've seen glimpses of it on TV, the second series I believe.

Oh, by the way guys, what about Ghost In The Shell? I've seen glimpses of it on TV, the second series I believe.

everything ghost i the shell is awesome..... seriously fucking awesome

the second movie is kinda meh... but the first movie and both first and second seasons of Stand Alone Complex are fucking amazing

I beg to differ, played the demo for the Playstation game when I was quite young and found it rather lame :p

I beg to differ, played the demo for the Playstation game when I was quite young and found it rather lame :p

the one where you play the Fuchikoma pilot? i love that game but yes i see how that can be considered kinda lame.... so allow me to append my statement to "provided it is an animated film of TV show"

After a 2 year anime draught, i decided to give initial d another watch. I know its stupid and only one level above "dragonball" in ridiculousness, but i heard rumors of a new season and felt like watching all the shiny cars fly around :mrgreen:

DORRIFFFFTUUUU!

[/thismessagebroughttoyoubyamusclecarfan,iswear]

Initial D is really cool... although the manga is better imho than the anime.

the one where you play the Fuchikoma pilot? i love that game but yes i see how that can be considered kinda lame.... so allow me to append my statement to "provided it is an animated film of TV show"

I have absolutely no idea, but there is a remote chance I still have the disc lying around so I'll try to find it.

Ummmmmm....

Well, I can say that I have been watching it almost nonstop, but I do that for anything with a plot.

Yeah, I can't deny that I am enjoying it even if I am weirded out. I just hit a plot twist and I'm not sure I like the direction this is headed though.

Death Note went from good to WTF about halfway through. Pissed me off.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Ghost In The Shell Standalone Complex movie - Solid State Society.

Last edited:
Ummmmmm....

Well, I can say that I have been watching it almost nonstop, but I do that for anything with a plot.

Yeah, I can't deny that I am enjoying it even if I am weirded out. I just hit a plot twist and I'm not sure I like the direction this is headed though.

yeah, if i am right about the plot twist that you hit just now, i stopped watching Death Note around there.

Is it me or when you saw spectre as the latest post in here you went
1. Damn i need new glasses
2. Is there a anime featuring Jaaaaags that i somehow missed

no offense of course

Last edited:
There's a heavily modified XK120 in Trinity Blood.

It can fly on its rocket engine and carries missiles. :D

there's an e-type in Paradise Kiss seen in the opening allot and in most episodes as well.

the second movie is kinda meh... but the first movie and both first and second seasons of Stand Alone Complex are fucking amazing

Re: First Movie;

I made the mistake of reading the Graphic Novel before watching the first movie. I heard the movie seems better if you go the other way around. Of what I've seen, I like SAC because it seems more true to the manga in the way things work.

Oh, and I have the GitS PS1 game, and it rocks, imho.

I've seen all gits there is except gits 2.0 ... which I'll watch at some point... dunnu if I felt it needed to be improved from the original though.

now that higurashi is gone, and so is FLCL, i have no idea what to watch, accepting recommendations

criteria:

not too regular diety crushing, remember that i'm a catholic, so nothing with satanic symbols (that drew me away fom unimeko no naku koro ni) and it must be fun.

agreed, the two films are good but i think the Stand Alone Complex shows are in a whole other league. I still remember a point in the first season in one of the early episodes. I think it was the 4th episode "Intercepter" where the detective figured out where the photo's were coming from. Now there was a WTF? moment that still makes me smile when i think about. Damn good series.

As for my own personal anime viewing i'm currently watching One Piece, Bleach and i'll watch anything with a Gundam tag in it. Although i am currently watching "Legend of the Galactic Heroes" which is a kind of immense space opera that is really enjoyable.
Heres a scene from one of the early episodes.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upS-pi-sOAQ[/YOUTUBE]

now that higurashi is gone, and so is FLCL, i have no idea what to watch, accepting recommendations

criteria:

not too regular diety crushing, remember that i'm a catholic, so nothing with satanic symbols (that drew me away fom unimeko no naku koro ni) and it must be fun.

If you liked the wtf-factor of Higurashi and FLCL, I recommend Elfen Lied.

And if you like the tearjerkynessof elfen lied then I suggest SaiKano

If you liked the wtf-factor of Higurashi and FLCL, I recommend Elfen Lied.

the first 10 minutes of episode 1 was probably the most bloody and violent i've seen in any program or anime for a very long time. Definately shocking and just as memorable.