Wow, 3 pages and no mention of Macross.
In my opinion the order in which you should watch Macross is as follows:
Macross Plus
Macross DYRL
Macross Frontier
Macross SDF
Macross Zero
Macross 7 (If you are brave enough)

If Macross Plus doesn't convert you to macrossism then nothing can.

I only watched Macross Frontier, it's a great show. The songs in it were awesome.

Video clip contains spoiler for the story.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKiu30uKR7s[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I've never once even thought I might like to watch macross.... strange that...

Watched the 3 first eps of K?mpfer yesterday, weird series. Allot of fanservice, like the seiyuu name calling, or the marimite parody, but my favorite thing was probably the closet pervert character of Akane... she's even worse than me, and that's saying alot.

After just one episode, I think Kuchu Buranko claims the title for the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

i dont understand japanese, so that might not help me, but kuchu buranko is a bit weird i have to agree with you. But when you get into hentai, you ca see alot of wierdier stuff than that.

^ Speaking as someone who has seen La Blue Girl, (and the live-action adaptations :tvhorror:) the happenings in hentai do tend to get stranger, but I was referring to the mindscrew visuals.
Also, that fact that this counts as a normal, not at all weird, scene:
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2009/10/19/trapeze_car.jpg

That said, I'm going to keep watching, because "A mental mind fuck can be nice."

Last edited:
do you watch it in japanese with no sub or you have a subbed version ?

So far, i have managed to go through Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate and Death Note. Liked them all. :)

There's a few similar things you could see... best among those would probably be 3x3 eyes.

Is japanese so complicated that 2 pairs of subs are only similar in context and never identical.

Well a translation is always an interpretation of the original work. Besides you don't need to have identical subtitles, what you need is the same content.
Fansub translators all have varying degrees of skills in Japanese, and English (and Spanish I guess) and then the different subgroups have different ways of enhancing the raw sub, different amount of time spent to polish it find errors etc. (some groups often release a v2 version a few days after realizing they let some mistakes into the original. I personally prefer groups that takes a little longer to do the sub but does v2s more seldom)

^subtitles in English for the win. On unrelated anime news

For some reason i can't stand Death Note, i just can't, it's probably like DarthBane22's relationship with Naruto; the anime may be good, but I'm dissuaded by the fandom(read: act with Death Note the same way i act with Higurashi and my sister to pretty much anything with a dude that looks slightly emo) and the hype of it.

2.[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKvB0Ick0NU[/YOUTUBE]

NotSureIfWant.jpg

hmm .... there aren't many animes recently which don't feature emo boys...

Ohhh and for some random anime thoughts, I spent half the day (not really but that's how it feels) on animelist.net getting my own list set up... only got about 400 added so far... I'm sure there's quite a few more... some I've remembered but can't put a name on... but also there's a tonne I can't remember much from at all but I know I've seen .... I guess I'm getting old ;)

I've finally done it....

Started watching Death Note.

So far I've been using fansubs but I distinctly remember this being aired on TV over here, so there must be either an official sub or dub. Any recommendations for which to use?

I've watched it with subs(don't really like the idea of dubs as the content changes sometimes) and compared with the Romanian subs on Animax(which are good) they are really good. But the fact of the matter is that all TV here is subbed and I'm used with reading quickly so I can enjoy the show. That may influence your choice, if you're not used with them

I'm okay with subtitles, you get used to it quickly. Just wondering if there is an official one I should look for, or maybe a certain fansub. I've tried several and Animanda seems to be pretty good, speech feels more naturally worded (which may come at the cost of original content) and any written text is translated either side-by-side or in a caption, with cultural notes if appropriate. I'll try Animax for the next one, though I think I have already.

EDIT: I honestly don't remember if the episode I saw on TV was a sub or a dub, but I am almost positive it was on regular cable so one or the other must exist officially.

Last edited: