General Anime Thread

thanks alot for the recommandation salle, from artistic pov , the only one that i will watch will be detroit metal city and genius party. The others, i dunno there is something i dont like in the way they are drawned. Still thanks alot.

GSC is classic!

[youtube]bXE4wO-Qt48[/youtube]

True that, BB was my favorite character in the manga series by far. I actually own Riding Bean on DVD, haha, but have yet to come across GSC locally.

I have to admit that while the show was good, the manga was brilliant and still remains one of my all-time favorites.

"Huh, a broad? I didn't know they made Cobras in automatics."

Last edited:
Ok, i respect that, everyone has different tastes, as long as you avoid Lucky star (i find it unbelievably boring).

The director was fired after four episodes, and from the fifth episode onward it was a lot better.

Now, if only someone from KyoAni would've gotten fired for making the decision that about 20 pages of a light novel needed to last half a season...

Anyone here read Hajime no Ippo? (aka best manga evar)

Yeah the voice acting sucks, especially the difference between the Japanese and English Motoko.. her diving dialogue especially... First time I watched it was like 98 or 99. I saw it as a dub, then after having watched allot of anime in Japanese with subs I once again watched... couldn't stand it... it was truly horrible. There's not enough emotions, she somehow seems to be more like a robot rather than a human cyborg.

damm i am now hooked on kuchu buranko but i want more crazyness, started watching dmc, its good but death metal is not my cup of tea, so dunno if i will finish it. Genius party look really good but sadly i dled a version that i tought was subbed but its not, so i understand nothing.

Black Rock Shooter anime PV, I can't wait. Hopefully they'll make a good background story for her.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDw74ATcYk[/YOUTUBE]

Hey guys, on week 1 of my initial d safari, and i gotta say its pretty rough, the show hasnt aged well.... :cry:

about where are you?

If we're talking about how it looks it certainly takes some getting used to. it's style is very much that of the manga. other seinanesque mangas like say GTO are "cutified" when transferred to anime, but not so much for Initial D. But then again you watch it more for the story and the downhill battles on the touge than the cuteness of the characters...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V7lOzhgY5A[/YOUTUBE]
I have learned this dance and many others :) x
~Nyyaaaaa!

Can't you do a youtube clip(s) of yourself doing them?
Lets see which others are there, Lucky ? Star and Haruhi.... hmmm so what other's are there?

(a 13 year old girl doing anime intro/outro songs dances isn't creepy, which most of the guys doing them are.... no matter how good they are)

a 13 year old girl doing anime intro/outro songs dances isn't creepy, which most of the guys doing them are.... no matter how good they are

Yes, but scaring the straights is fun...especially with a multi-pronged attack, such as Hare Hare Yukai followed immediately by Time Warp.

Finished Death Note. Got a bit worse in the second half but still worth following through. Any other suggestions for Anime that doesn't make your head asplode?

man i fucking LOVE me some crunchy roll I have been watching Galaxy Express 999 like its my job....