General Anime Thread

I, being part of the Naruto generation rather than the Dragon Ball generation, never watched it

I, being part of the Naruto generation rather than the Dragon Ball generation, never watched it

Oh, you damn well should! :shakefist:

I'm watching Naruto right now for the first time and am enjoying it quite a lot, but DBZ is still better IMO. I like Naruto better than DB and DBGT, though, but not DBZ. :)

If I were someone who didn't watch DBZ before, I would just wait until DBK is released with the English dub, because DBZ would take a while to get through, and DBK will only be ~ 100 episodes.

Last edited:
Anyone hear about Dragon Ball Kai?

It's basically a DBZ "Lite" version. They reduced the amount of episodes from ~280 to only ~100, taking out those unnecessary filler episodes, and the amount of talking in between battles, while reanimating most scenes so it looks a lot sharper in HD.

[YOUTUBE]SnvupMV9su4[/YOUTUBE]

You can see that they COMPLETELY reanimated some fight scenes shown in the intro (e.g Goku vs. Vegeta), but the main series looks pretty much the same (they just "cleaned it up" so it would look better in HD).

IMAGINE IF THEY REANIMATED THE WHOLE SERIES SO IT WOULD LOOK LIKE IT DOES IN THAT INTRO??!??!?!?!?

That would have been so awesome! :(

Anyway, I'll still watch it when the English dub gets made (even though I watched the entire Dragon Ball series twice within the last 3 years). :D

Now i AM from the DBZ generation and i must say this looks great. DBZ is great but MY GOD it does drag on in places. so YAY to no more 20 episode fights. i just hope they get the origional english VO actors.

Also, i have never been able to get into Naruto. just to "kiddie" for me. But then again, my anime experience started with Gundam 0083, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun etc. way back when.

Last edited:
Dragon Ball is too obsessed about what techniques their characters are using and how they work and why they work and how they can increase their potential... then it also has the bad habbit of making old enemies become friends and then make new uber enemies that becomes friend and so on and so forth.

I would never be able to watch that ...

Dragon Ball is too obsessed about what techniques their characters are using and how they work and why they work and how they can increase their potential... then it also has the bad habbit of making old enemies become friends and then make new uber enemies that becomes friend and so on and so forth.

I would never be able to watch that ...

Pfffft... :glare:

That's just a dumb reason to not like DB.

I suppose I'm part of the "DBZ" generation, but to be honest, I never liked the show. And, at the time, it seemed the only real reason people were into it, was because it was on Cartoon Network and there really wasn't a big anime market at the time. I suppose seeing as the only other option was to say you liked Sailor Moon...

Thankfully I was able to affoard buying video tapes, but I also got into reading manga pretty heavily, so...

There wasn't really anything all that fucked up besides
Kaede's hypnosis power and white k?mpfer lesbian harem.

My sister has been watching the most mainstream anime he could get their hands into: Bakugan Battle Brawlers, it just talks about a bunch of kids going around saving the world.

A lot of you may be asking ?but gaasc, how do they save the world?? HOW! BY PLAYING A CHILDRENS CARD GAME OF COURSE! But this is no ordinary children's card game, this one has balls.

So you get pre-teen boys and girls tossing their balls to each other, it's worse than it sounds.

I loved DBZ but looking back on it it was pretty awful cuz the strategy never really deviated from shoot the brightest colored beam at the enemy. And unlike other anime's which implemented fillers into their show by way of special non-canonical side stories, DBZ implemented it right into the episodes. So you had 15 episodes of charging a spirit bomb, and fucking cartoon network would show 14, and then repeat the entire series up to that point. It was around the frieza fight I learned how to download videos online cuz the wait for new CN eps was ridiculous. Basically, toonami started my life of piracy.

On another note, does anyone here play stepmania? i finally set up an SMO account but everyone on the server speaks spanish or is a douche

On another note, does anyone here play stepmania? i finally set up an SMO account but everyone on the server speaks spanish or is a douche

I'm pretty good.

With a keyboard.

But Osu is my rhythm game of choice currently. And I never played online.

DBZ for me was much easier to accept as a child, I watched the chinese version of the show so I did see more gore and swearing than the North American airing. While I guess I am part of the DBZ generation, I just watched it for amusement and instead grew up on something older and certainly more kid friendly...Doremon which I find easier to watch than DBZ today.

My reaction to Kampfer 11 is also a big WTF?

I am watching Kimini ni Todoke, though I don't have very much to say about it. I come out of every episode with a big smile, and can't really explain it.

To be honest, I actually predicted fairly well the outcome of Kampfer after the third episode on /a/; unfortunately I meant it as a joke.

Reread Slam Dunk again today. My god......in my eyes one of the few "as close to perfect as possible" mangas out there. The art, the humor, the sense of competition, the emotions, I was almost tearing up in some of the later pages. And the best part? It actually has an ending that makes the story even better. None of this dragging on for years and years (I'm looking at you Hajime no Ippo).

Definitely a must read for any anime fan.

I had forgotten how enjoyable watching a Digimon Frontier episode was, not less because of the awesome First Opening and ending theme song, i'm not ashamed to say i transfered all 3 vesions of both songs on to my iPod.

Ah Digimon. the cool older slightly more violent brother of pokeman.

watched every episode of the first and second saga and a good bit of the third.

loved that show.