General Anime Thread

Just finished Ep 6 of Sengoku BASARA. I like it. At first, I was like I dunno....the animation was kinda simplistic. But, there's some pretty cool action scenes. I got drawn in at each ep.

Anyone watching Steins Gate

Ep.11
Looks like they finally figured out why the time limitation on sending the D mail, and now they are talking about sending people's memory back in time. I think the sending memory thing is what Kyouma's Reading Steiner ability really is. For some reason he can already send his memories back in time, that's why he doesn't have the new timeline's memory, but yet he retains the old timeline's memory.

Sheesh, can't believe I'm posting here. Anyway... I'm looking for an early 90s anime movie that I only remember bits and pieces of. Is anyone here familiar with the titles from so long ago?

I can only remember bits and pieces. It's based on an old legend I think and it's about a girl being sent down to Earth from heaven to look over the inhabitants of a village that (I think) gets frequently pillaged by rogue samurai. There's also this wild white horse with blue eyes, that she's able to tame just by touching it once and in the end she, for some reason, fights some mountain spirit that looks like a gigantic suit of armor. :S

And the funkiest thing... apparently snow is made by the ancestors up in heaven pulling on ropes hanging from the ceiling, like ringing a church bell.

Unfortunately that's all I can remember... This was more than 20 years ago. :(

I can only remember bits and pieces. It's based on an old legend I think and it's about a girl being sent down to Earth from heaven to look over the inhabitants of a village that (I think) gets frequently pillaged by rogue samurai. There's also this wild white horse with blue eyes, that she's able to tame just by touching it once and in the end she, for some reason, fights some mountain spirit that looks like a gigantic suit of armor. :S

And the funkiest thing... apparently snow is made by the ancestors up in heaven pulling on ropes hanging from the ceiling, like ringing a church bell.

Unfortunately that's all I can remember... This was more than 20 years ago. :(

I've watched anime mostly in the 90s and sorry, that doesn't sound remotely familiar. Did you watch it in original japanese or dubbed in your native language? And did you see it on your local television, or in the movie theatres, or home video?

Did you catch an episode of a long running tv series, an episode of a direct-to-video animation series, or a part of a feature film?

Last edited:
After Lupin mentioned about the Zombie OVA I decided to check for updates on other animes that I have watched. And it seems I have missed quite few important ones.

Angel Beats Stair Way to Heaven was one. Loved it! It was over..

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ar/archie411/2011/06/20/TensionOver9000.png

:p

Oh and Lupin do you mind if I stalk your Anime List on Myanimelist? :p You have a huge collection and since your tastes are kinda similar I would like to use it as a list to find new anime. :mrgreen:

Ok, a character in Hidan no Aria has been revealed to be Lupin IV. Is this some kind of weird trope? :?

Oh and Lupin do you mind if I stalk your Anime List on Myanimelist? :p You have a huge collection and since your tastes are kinda similar I would like to use it as a list to find new anime. :mrgreen:

If you don't mind all the downright deplorable hentai I've watched and somewhat arbitrary scores I've given, go right ahead; it's not like I can stop you from doing it anyway*.
*Well, I could set the list to private, but then nobody could see it.

Ok, a character in Hidan no Aria has been revealed to be Lupin IV. Is this some kind of weird trope? :?

Kind of...Maurice LeBlanc's character is/was pretty popular in Japan.

Last edited:
Gundam: The Origin manga being officially announced as new animated project

Big news for all the old school UC fans

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-22/gundam-the-origin-manga-to-launch-anime-project

The August issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Gundam Ace magazine is announcing on Saturday that an anime project of Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin manga is launching. The manga is itself a re-imagining of Yoshiyuki Tomino and Sunrise's first Mobile Suit Gundam anime project by the anime's character designer. Yasuhiko is ending the manga in the same August issue of Gundam Ace.

Yasuhiko launched the manga in Gundam Ace's inaugural issue in 2001. (The magazine is celebrating its 10th anniversary this month with the launch of a Mobile Suit Z Gundam manga by the anime's animation director Hiroyuki Kitazume.) Viz Media published part of the manga in North America.

definately good news. i'm a sucker for the UC era Gundam. Anything new Gundam related is going to get my interest. It being a UC Gundam only amplifies this. on top of that it should make the wait between episodes of Gundam Unicorn a bit better.

Nichijou episode 14

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lupin_iv/2011/07/03/Snickers.jpg
KYOANI...

Edit: Apparantly, that scene came right out of the manga.
ARAWI...

Last edited:
So I decided to watch the original Mobile Suite Gundam series, downloaded 42 episodes, and then discovered that the page was lying and they were English dubs.

AMARO! AMARO! AMARO!

I finally found a subtitled one, though it was surprisingly difficult. I guess I'm not used to looking for stuff this old.

Some photos from Anime Expo this year, entire album can be viewed Here

Cosplay:

5897257621_08286d6ddd_z.jpg

5897473087_a14b33b592_z.jpg

5897450723_325c586beb_z.jpg

5897401605_59e8cdbc05_z.jpg

5897462457_20f4cd9ce8_z.jpg

Just finished ep 7 of Freezing. I'm really liking this. Good quality production. And, really good action scenes. I even would root for the main character, "kick her ass! kick her ass!". :)

The only problem I initially had with it is it's not widescreen....but end up not noticing.