General Anime Thread

Guess I'm getting no help in this thread. If anyone finds the name of that movie, pm me, I'm unsubscribing.

5897401605_59e8cdbc05_z.jpg

HAHA thats awesome

Last edited:
rewatching Ghost in the Shell SAC and then on to 2nd gig

such a well made show.

rewatching Ghost in the Shell SAC and then on to 2nd gig

such a well made show.

Both great series, the followup movie Solid State Society is ok, but not awesome like the series.

I recommend you watch the condensed movie version of both series as well, gives it a different cinematic feel, both the first compilation film and the second called 'Individual 11'

both are available for streaming on netflix

Finished my HGUC Kshatriya kit in custom 'Char' type colors, or 'Full Frontal' to be more specific

5991337922_4a6714a401_b.jpg

Started watching Blood-C, I'm kinda dissapointed. The show is very average in every way. The monster designs are generic, the story is generic (so far), even Saya looks like a copy and paste of Sakura (the Tsubasa Chronicle version, but I have faith in Clamp, so I'm going to give it a few more eps.

I've done a bit of anime watching, finished K-ON! and K-ON!!, Lucky Star, the Area 88 OAV, Ryussei no Rockman, and nearly finished Super Robot Wars OG - Inspector.

Series I need to finish apart from SRW is Xabungle, L-Gaim, Overman King Gainer, Ideon and Brain Powerd. Yeah, basically a Tomino marathon for a bit.

Finally finished Death Note, quite enjoyed it.

Still, much preferred the story line before Ls death... The constant battle between L and Light was great to watch, not so much with Near. Mellow was just irritating, and creepily feminine.

Also still watching Nichijou, I probably prefer it to Lucky Star currently. Random humour is more my sort of thing than otaku references and the animation and soundtrack are amazing.

Now I just have to decide, what next? Azumanga Daioh or K-ON! ?

Both. K-ON! first, in fact I am working on getting it in 1080p right now for my new external HDD.

Really need to get on Nichijou, sounds right up my alley. And I completely agree on Death Note.
L made a good opponent, suddenly ripping him out and replacing him didn't sit well with me.

Last edited:
Holiday's are just around the corner, I has a new comp, and right now I'm just jotting down a list of potential anime, you two bumped Nichijou to the top Before Clannad: After Story

Last edited:
I've gotten addicted to Ao no Exorcist, such a fun show, must have next episode nao!

I've done a bit of anime watching, finished K-ON! and K-ON!!, Lucky Star, the Area 88 OAV, Ryussei no Rockman, and nearly finished Super Robot Wars OG - Inspector.

Series I need to finish apart from SRW is Xabungle, L-Gaim, Overman King Gainer, Ideon and Brain Powerd. Yeah, basically a Tomino marathon for a bit.

Ive watched L Gaim which was pretty good, did you know that L Gaim is the prototype ENDing story for Five Star Stories? Ideon I found hard to watch bc of it's age and the final ep of the TV series is crap, but the movie which shows all those hilarious death scenes are pretty good. Havent seen King Gainer yet but I hear it's good. I'm 30 eps into Turn A and still not warmed up to it yet but trying to finish it like a good book

Holiday's are just around the corner, I has a new comp, and right now I'm just jotting down a list of potential anime, you two bumped Nichijou to the top Before Clannad: After Story

I suggest that you first watch After Story then Nichijou.... Just saying that you might need the laughs!

Ive watched L Gaim which was pretty good, did you know that L Gaim is the prototype ENDing story for Five Star Stories? Ideon I found hard to watch bc of it's age and the final ep of the TV series is crap, but the movie which shows all those hilarious death scenes are pretty good. Havent seen King Gainer yet but I hear it's good. I'm 30 eps into Turn A and still not warmed up to it yet but trying to finish it like a good book
I should be ok with Ideon's animation, watching enough 70s super robot shows you develop some tolerance for the older animation. I do know of the series' ending problems since it was another Tomino series cancelled but wasn't given an extension like MSG did to wrap up the story. Of course like MSG, Tomino did get a final chance to wrap up the story with the Ideon movies which I will watch after the series which is what the ending was supposed to be. As for Turn A, for me the highlight like most Tomino series is the ending, different from the usual Tomino ending but for me still as good.