General Anime Thread

That's awesome. :lol: I might actually rewatch this version.

Kotobukiya Saber arrived...

20160105_194648_copy.jpg

It's a bigger figure than I first thought. She's taller than the Alter Asuka.

Dimension W anyone? The MC drives a 2000gt :D

[video=youtube;_47ukmC-O0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_47ukmC-O0I[/video]

First episode impression is pretty good.

It was different from what I was expecting but I still like it a lot and will continue watching. That and Musaigen no Phantom World are the only series to catch my interest this season.

Dimension W looks promising, can't wait for more.

Following the Broadcast Dub of Shirayuki-hime too. Really liking season 1 soo far, Brina Palencia is the perfect Shirayuki.

Sometimes I underestimate how much effort and detail goes into making an anime.

[video=youtube;RhTG-kMANm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhTG-kMANm0[/video]

It was different from what I was expecting but I still like it a lot and will continue watching. That and Musaigen no Phantom World are the only series to catch my interest this season.

Anything by KyoAni is a go in my book :p

Boku dake ga Inai Machi. A strong first episode. Mystery plus a bit of supernatural. Watched it without knowing anything and it was well worth it. Do recommend.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. I know nothing about Rakugo, but it hooked me in so hard that I didn't even realise the first episode was 40mins.

[video=youtube;79-t5S8-3Xg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79-t5S8-3Xg[/video]

I've lost control of my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife...

DSC_0047%20Copy.jpg

DSC_0035%20Copy.jpg

The Yamada Nendroid was a Christmas present for my little sister, while browsing I noticed the Figma Yukari was in stock and was like "Fuck it. Christmas is a time for giving. I'll give myself the inability to ever get laid", so I boughted best GuP.

Impressed with the level of detail for such tiny figures.

DSC_0048%20Copy.jpg

DSC_0034%20Copy.jpg

Anyone else watching Schwarzesmarken?
It is part of the Muv-Luv franchise, but it's a prequel spin-off of the Alternative spin-off series, so you don't need to know anything about Muv-Luv to get into it. There is so little to do with the original game that they didn't even bother putting 'Muv-Luv' in the title.
Anyway, it's about people in mechs fighting aliens in East Germany in 1983. On that information alone I decided to watch the first episode thinking, "This is either going to be good or hilariously bad." And so far it's been good.

Late to the party but apparently Subaru got a full season out of Houkago no Pleiades, I lost it when they went underwater and the rally lights came on :lol:

It's weirdly generic considering the magical girl sticks make authentic Boxer noises.

Anyone else watching Schwarzesmarken?[...]

This sort of Miss-use of my mother-tongue always greatly annoys me. I have nothing against them using german or using a german setting ... but please, ask a german about how stuff is written, translated and the likes. "Schwarzesmarken" is just bullshit. Dunno if that maybe sounds good or especially german to japanese viewers/readers, but I?m just slapping my head onto the table here ...

This sort of Miss-use of my mother-tongue always greatly annoys me. I have nothing against them using german or using a german setting ... but please, ask a german about how stuff is written, translated and the likes. "Schwarzesmarken" is just bullshit. Dunno if that maybe sounds good or especially german to japanese viewers/readers, but I?m just slapping my head onto the table here ...

They always do that, they use a lot of norse mythology stuff in really odd ways too... almost like the Germans did :p

...so...cool.

On other news I finished Mirai Nikki....well that was unexpected.

Anyone else watching Schwarzesmarken?
It is part of the Muv-Luv franchise, but it's a prequel spin-off of the Alternative spin-off series, so you don't need to know anything about Muv-Luv to get into it. There is so little to do with the original game that they didn't even bother putting 'Muv-Luv' in the title.
Anyway, it's about people in mechs fighting aliens in East Germany in 1983. On that information alone I decided to watch the first episode thinking, "This is either going to be good or hilariously bad." And so far it's been good.

I know nothing about that universe, but it's been entertaining so far. Although the gap between episodes left me looking for other things and I ended up binge-watching The Devil is a Part-Timer!...three times already.

I've just finished Mirai Nikki...gotta say, didn't see the final twist coming.

I don't remember that one. maybe that was the day those two guys with black suits came and asked me some questions, then left. very weird. I'll report when I see something else interesting.

:lol:

I actively try to forget Mirai Nikki. I hated it. And I think I'm successful because I can't remember why I hate it now.

In other news BokuMachi is going strong. And I started love KonoSuba. Comedy gold. Love the ed as well.

Since I don't have a Crunchyroll subscription, I'm a week late, but...I think every main character in Schwarzesmarken is gonna die in the final episode. That was bleak.