General Anime Thread

Danganronpa 1 and 2 are now on Steam... I played a fan translation of the first game on my old hacked PSP, and it was so good I bought a Playstation TV just to play the PS Vita release of Danganronpa 2. Highly recommended.

And I started love KonoSuba. Comedy gold. Love the ed as well.

I've actually just finished watching KonoSuba earlier. I agree with you about it being comedy gold. Shame it was only 10 episodes, but apparently there is a 2nd season in the works :D

Now for things i'm watching this season. Only 2 for now.

Flying Witch: My current favourite this season. Great show about a girl learning to be a witch with family in the countryside. I guess think Aria The Animation mixed with Kikis Delivery Service, super comfy laid back show.

Bakuon!: K-ON! with bikes and lewds. I follow the Manga, seeing it animated is fun.

Finally got around to watching Log Horizon 2 since I loved the first season. Definitely my favorite of the suddenly prolific "stuck in a videogame" genre.

Flying Witch: My current favourite this season. Great show about a girl learning to be a witch with family in the countryside. I guess think Aria The Animation mixed with Kikis Delivery Service, super comfy laid back show.

Bakuon!: K-ON! with bikes and lewds. I follow the Manga, seeing it animated is fun.

Love Flying Witch! Extremely comfy and I love the characters! As for Bakuon it's pretty much a rip off of K-on isn't it? :lol:

RW27Fjq.png

Although it has more bike content in the first few episodes than music content in the entire run of K-On. :p

Adding to this list,

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu :- A KonoSuba place holder. Same sort of scenario as some random dude gets teleported to a fantasy world. Pretty interesting characters and cliffhangers galore... :blink: You just don't expect cliffhangers in this sort of anime, but this has one every episode. Binged all the episodes!

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri :- Attack on Titan: Snowpiercer Zombie Ver. Love it! Beautiful animation and an awesome OST.

Bungou Stray Dogs :- Kekkai Sensen Japanese branch without the amazing OST. Very similar feel. A young boy joins an agency filled with characters with supernatural powers and wacky sense of humor.

I feel like some of Re:Zero's "self-aware" jokes fall flat, but when it gets back to the plot it's pretty interesting.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri :- Attack on Titan: Snowpiercer Zombie Ver. Love it! Beautiful animation and an awesome OST.

Have just started this. Saw the following .gif and checked the first episode...

https://gfycat.com/AmbitiousJovialEasteuropeanshepherd

... I then watched the rest. I never got into Attack on Titan, but from what I can tell looks and feels very similar, throw in some Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate and you've got a great series here.

I also have a use for Amazon Prime Video.

Last edited:
Just watched Girls und Panzer: der Film.
It's exactly what you should want from a sequel movie.
More tank drifting, more tank jumping, more tank explosions, skimming tanks, flipping tanks, flying tanks. May physics never blight the GuP universe.
Fucking epic. Problem being I now want to complete my GuP Figma collection which currently stands at Yukari and... Erm, nobody else.

Also been watching Initial D recently, currently nearing the end of Fourth Stage. It's impressively gripping considering it's essentially the same shit repeatedly with OP Takumi and his magical AE86 kicking endless amounts of ass ass. Watching Bakuon! in a halfassed sort of manner too, apparently I'm on a vehicle based anime streak right now...

Recently finished Locodol which is a cutesy show about local idols which was pleasant enough if not particularly amazing. Also finished KonoSuba, very amusing breakdown of the "stuck in a video game" scenario which seems so popular of late, looking forward to season 2.

More tank drifting, more tank jumping, more tank explosions, skimming tanks, flipping tanks, flying tanks. May physics never blight the GuP universe.
Fucking epic. Problem being I now want to complete my GuP Figma collection which currently stands at Yukari and... Erm, nobody else.

Well, Maho and Erika figmas have been announced, so it's getting even more expensive to do so.

My new toy...

20160624_134645_copy.jpg

I finally finished Samurai Champloo aswell as Panty and Stocking, both great shows.

Also looking forward to next season. Quite a few big shows coming out. Personally, i'm most hyped for Amanchu, spiritual successor to Aria.

Been on a bit of an anime binge recently, first was a rewatch of K-On! (still one of my favourites), Currently i'm on a rewatch of Strike Witches (Movie dub and Brave Witches hype!), also watched Boku no Hero Academia yesterday, really enjoyed it and Tsuyu is best girl :).

Strike Witches.... I watched about half of that, and really, only one thing stands out. PANTS DO NOT EXIST IN THIS WORLD.

Been on a bit of an anime binge recently, first was a rewatch of K-On! (still one of my favourites)

Needed some original K On moeness after watching this...

Anyone watched ReLife? The entire season dropped at once a la Netflix style so I don't think it got much attention. Pretty standard RomCom other than for the small fact that the 27 year old MC, who isn't doing well with job hunting, is given the choice to take a pill in order to look younger and relive the high school experience.

Finished the Girls und Panzer movie as well. I would love to see a war documentary if tanks fought like that :lol: Best girl Fin.

Last edited: