General Anime Thread

For the Pazer vor fans,'Girls und Panzer: Final Chapter' Anime Announced :D

It was announced at the 2nd Heartful Tank Carnival event today and on its official Twitter account that a sequel anime for the Girls und Panzer franchise titled Girls und Panzer: Saishuushou (Girls und Panzer: The Final Chapter) is in production.
The format for the anime is unknown at the moment. The announcement PV, which is currently not available online yet, also revealed some new characters. The BD and DVD sets for the 2nd Heartful Tank Carnival event will go on sale next year on February 24.

Are Riding Bean and Megazone 23 any good? I've watched a couple of music videos featuring both of them and they seem interesting.

Ended up watching Riding Bean earlier tonight. It's about the exploits of a getaway driver named Bean Bandit and his sidekick Rally Vincent. It was intended to be a series, but only one 45 minute episode was made due to the creator, Kenichi Sonoda, having a falling out with Toshiba EMI. I can't speak regarding the quality of the voice acting as I watched the subtitled version on youtube and not the original 1989 English dub, but I did find the writing to be quite good, and it's definitely a shame that this didn't get a proper run. That said, both of the main characters appear with some minor changes in Gunsmith Cats, which was also created by Kenichi Sonoda, but at a later date.

Booked tickets to see Koe No Katachi "A Silent Voice" at the Scotland Loves Anime film festival in Edinburgh, apparently it's the EU premier! That's a 360 mile round trip to watch Japanese cartoons, I've out-done myself. :D (Previous record was 90 mile round trip to see The Wind Rises in Aberdeen).

They're also doing a screening of the GuP movie the following day but at ?10 a ticket and having to stay in town for a day I'll have to give that a miss sadly.

Last edited:
Can't wait for both A Silent Voice and the new film by Makoto Shinkai, both look excellent.

Past few days i've been watching a few things that I had on my list for a while.

First was Ben-To. Was a fun show, glad I finally watched it. Ending to me though left a little to be desired, the main/best girl wasn't really in the last episode. Was suprised how non-lewd as it is for a battle harem style show I guess.

Also currently watching The Eccentric Family after having put it off for soo long now, I even own the Blu-Ray.

Last edited:
Apparently everyone has completely missed the Deep Purple reference in episode 7 of Cowboy Bebop...

Last edited:
ANIMUDAWG.jpg

I went to the Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh to see A Silent Voice. It was goooooooooooooooooooood. Such pretty. Very feels, Wow, etc. Deffo worth a watch, although the time constraints of a move do cut out some of the character growth of the secondary characters the main story comes through clearly without missing too much.

I got hideously lost in Edinburgh which is a nightmare to drive around, a mess of potholed roads with the markings worn away, congestion charge zones, one way streets a complete lack of parking and a general infrastructure dating back to the 1800s at best. I eventually managed to find an underground car park vaguely near where I needed to be and jogged to the cinema. There was no missing the place, the area outside was packed with people with glasses and beards and the odd snippets of conversation I caught involved things like "Girls und Panzer" and "my waifu".
Apparently this is the EU premier but Jonathan Clements did a little talk before the film (see picture I nicked from Facebook above) and said that it may well be the first showing outside of Japan, he also mentioned he'd re-done the subtitles as there were a few areas where all the sign language is translated in the original film subs whereas it isn't in the manga so they were removed to keep it as close to the manga as possible.

I shall buy this on DVD when it comes out.

I went to the Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh to see A Silent Voice. It was goooooooooooooooooooood. Such pretty. Very feels, Wow, etc. Deffo worth a watch

Sigh.. The wait is long... :(

Anyone watched Shelter yet?

Still amazed at how much emotion you can pack to a 6min video.

WWW.Working!! is airing. I wasn't 100% on the new cast, but they sure can create some lovable doofuses :lol:

And they are succeeding

Go to see Kimi no Nawa on the big screen. Captains "It was goooooooooooooooooooood. Such pretty. Very feels, Wow, etc. Deffo worth a watch" can be applied here as well.

Loved every single moment. The detailed and beautiful art to the roller coaster of emotions, it was epic :-o Does a nice job of balancing drama and romance with comedic elemants that made the audience of around 15 people lol. If it's showing somewhere near you, go watch it! I can't really talk about it without spoiling it.