General Season 10 Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking to my brother who said that in a London newspaper last week a story reported that Top Gear was filming a race in London from Kew to City Airport, with Clarkson in a speedboat on the Thames, the Stig on public transport, Hammond cycling and James May in a Mercedes ML.

With a quick Google search I couldn't find anything about this apart from one person who also seemed to have read it on this link.

Sounds good

Interesting you mentioned that, in this months top gear magaine there is a picture of the stig on what looked like a train....

I was speaking to my brother who said that in a London newspaper last week a story reported that Top Gear was filming a race in London from Kew to City Airport, with Clarkson in a speedboat on the Thames, the Stig on public transport, Hammond cycling and James May in a Mercedes ML.

With a quick Google search I couldn't find anything about this apart from one person who also seemed to have read it on this link.

Sounds good

Not available online but here's the text from that article in the Evening Standard 28/09/2007
Top Gear race at rush hour sinks public transport
Clarkson uses speedboat, Hamster a bike and Stig goes by bus

IT'S a sight to make commuters green with envy and green activists white with fury.
In the middle of a Monday morning rush hour, Jeremy Clarkson zooms along the Thames at 60 knots in a racing boat. That's about 69.1mph, rather quicker than the 5mph managed by the average London driver.
Clarkson's conversion from wheel-based to water-bound transport was part of a stunt for the latest series of Top Gear. He and his fellow hosts on the BBC show pitted various forms of transport against one another in a race from Kew to London City Airport to see which was quickest.

James May took to the streets in a huge Mercedes GL500 off-roader. Richard Hammond, perhaps unwilling to risk a repeat of his nearfatal 300mph dragster smash last year, opted for a carbon fibre mountain bike.

Stig, the professional racing driver who appears anonymously on the show, was relegated to public transport.
He was also compelled to retain his disguise of helmet and jumpsuit, even on the bus.
Clarkson, as Top Gear's top dog, got the streamlined, powerful Honda 255 raceboat.
As these exclusive pictures from Motor Boat And Yachting magazine show, he built up a good head of speed, despite having to slow down occasionally for such obstacles as bridges, shopping trolleys and the occasional, slower river-user. There were, he said afterwards, moments when the boat was airborne, adding: "I'm ashamed to say that I lifted the throttle going under Tower Bridge." Yet the race result was not a totally foregone conclusion.

By river, the journey is 25 miles but there is an eight-knot speed restriction between Kew and Wandsworth Bridge and a lock to pass through on the way into the City docks.

By road, the distance is only 17 miles. But then, Monday morning traffic can be very bad. And "Hamster" Hammond's legs are very short. Those wishing to know who won will have to tune into the new series of Top Gear but the Evening Standard can reveal that it wasn't Stig.

We can also tell you that, having reversed the boat at speed into the lock wall, Clarkson fouled his propeller on a submerged rope on a run back up the Thames to shoot extra footage and had to be rescued by the following camera boat. You don't get that sort of problem on the roads, Jeremy.

The October issue of Motor Boat And Yachting is out this weekend. The new series of Top Gear begins on BBC2 on Sunday 7 October..

Every day this looks better, and better. Should be epic, by the looks of it, its giving season 7 a run for its money.

*is hoping that Hammond wins*

Found something new over here http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml

As we take the tyre-warmers off a new series of Top Gear, the wait?s almost over. We?ve got ten whole episodes of excellent-ness ready to unleash on your Sunday night viewing schedule, and you simply won?t believe what Messrs Clarkson, Hammond and May have been up to over the past couple of months.

So, for one night of the week at least, you can banish cookery and home-improvement programmes from your screen and enjoy some good old-fashioned petrol-based fun.

In episode one, we decided to find the finest driving road in Europe. Coincidentally, Lamborghini, Porsche and Aston Martin have recently seen fit to release a brace of new lightweight road-racers in the form of the Gallardo Superleggera, 911 GT3 RS and V8 Vantage N24. To quote Hammond, I think you can see where this is going.

Also in the first programme, Jeremy takes to the test track in an improbably powerful VW Golf, and we put a monarch (sort of) in our reasonably priced car when Dame Helen Mirren comes to visit.

Later in the series, we?ll treat you to a selection of massive challenges and stunts. You?ll see the glorious return of the amphibious cars, in a voyage that makes the crossing of a reservoir look a tiny bit feeble. We put the biofuel we grew last series to seriously good use. And we spend an entire programme in Africa as our intrepid presenters attempt one of our wildly over-ambitious, but cheap, races.

Also: it was massively delayed, gave some of the finest engineering minds in Europe nervous breakdowns, and is too expensive for all but the richest Arab potentates - and that?s just the car. Find out what happened when the Bugatti Veyron met the Eurofighter.

It might surprise you to know we?ve even thrown in some road tests and reviews of the most exciting and interesting cars to hit the road - including the latest Ferrari, Porsche-baiting new Audi R8 supercar and hotly tipped Caparo T1.

So, stop the clocks, silence the dog with a juicy bone and cancel anything you were planning to do on Sunday evenings for the next ten weeks - Top Gear is back!

Sunday 7, 8pm BBC Two

Repeated Wednesday 10, 7pm on BBC Two

I hope it's not a repost

I went to the filming yesterday and here's a big spoiler for you
R.I.P The Cool Wall. Yes it was just one of the things to be destroyed by the big fire earlier in the year along with the furniture they sit on to do the news.

Can't wait for it. Looks like they will test Caparo T1, Ferrari 599 and that crazy W12 Golf.
I hope that going to Africa part is gonna be amazing.

Last edited:
I went to the filming yesterday and here's a big spoiler for you
R.I.P The Cool Wall. Yes it was just one of the things to be destroyed by the big fire earlier in the year along with the furniture they sit on to do the news.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:+1:

x2 :(

LOL, like the World's biggest broadcasting organisation cannot afford to buy 4 meters of cardboard, a small plactic fridge & print about 100 pictures...

no mention of them showing the restored mini? :(

LOL, like the World's biggest broadcasting organisation cannot afford to buy 4 meters of cardboard, a small plactic fridge & print about 100 pictures...
Of course it's easy to make a new one, but it's not the same. The old one had all that history. :(

It was really funny when they tried to do the cool wall with burned photos and Jeremy has blamed fifth gear for setting fire to the barn

It was really funny when they tried to do the cool wall with burned photos and Jeremy has blamed fifth gear for setting fire to the barn
:lmao:

Actualy no. It was renewed for season 8, if i'm not mistaken. From season 1 to 7 they added like 2 new panels, made them bigger, remade all the pictures, in season 8 they added Cool, uncool etc. descriptions on the top & later Jeremy actualy cut thru it with a chainsaw, so it was renewed like every season at least.

Well if proved that it was a "very ver green" activist who set fire to storage building, TG can abolish the cool wall segment & replace it with weekly "shoot the inviromentalist in the back with M99 Rifle" bit, i'd watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.