Genesis G70 wagon

LeVeL

Forum Addict
G70 Shooting Brake (it's really a wagon) is rumored. :wub:

genesisg70-shootingbrake2-copy-1582223632.jpg

• Love
Reactions: MWF
I think that thing is absolutely brilliant.

Watch it flop.

A big RWD, front engine luxury estate? Where do I sign up? A car company doing one of those for the US market is like finding a Unicorn being ridden by a leprechaun.

That grill looks retarded, the lights are moronic, the proportions are of a slammed SUV. Do not want on any level.

You have it backwards, most SUVs are just overinflated estates and hatchbacks with lazy design language. This is a return to the roots, not a derivative of the crossover mutation.

You have it backwards, most SUVs are just overinflated estates and hatchbacks with lazy design language. This is a return to the roots, not a derivative of the crossover mutation.
I am well aware of SUV design, the one defining feature of most (if not all) SUVs is the tall side profile as they tend to be designed with a more upright seating position (something I hate btw). Wagons usually have a side profile of a sedan, just with a wagon part on the back. This could be just the angle of the shot or the fucking gigantic grill (why is this a trend?) but the side of this looks more like a cross over than a wagon to me.

Girls, put your handbags away. It's only a render anyway.

...the fucking gigantic grill (why is this a trend?) ...
As turbocharging becomes more and more popular, you need larger grills for extra air intake and cooling. It's why BMW kidneys are stupidly massive these days.

I am well aware of SUV design, the one defining feature of most (if not all) SUVs is the tall side profile as they tend to be designed with a more upright seating position (something I hate btw). Wagons usually have a side profile of a sedan, just with a wagon part on the back. This could be just the angle of the shot or the fucking gigantic grill (why is this a trend?) but the side of this looks more like a cross over than a wagon to me.

As turbocharging becomes more and more popular, you need larger grills for extra air intake and cooling. It's why BMW kidneys are stupidly massive these days.
^ That

Also higher hoods and a more blunt front end are mandated for pedestrian safety; grills are also used to disguise sensors, cameras, and other systems that are expected these days - especially on a luxury-tier vehicle.

I thought that since the new efficiency tests were revised to not allow "gaming" them with turbo cars it's falling out of favor again?
^ That

Also higher hoods and a more blunt front end are mandated for pedestrian safety; grills are also used to disguise sensors, cameras, and other systems that are expected these days - especially on a luxury-tier vehicle.
Fuck all of that.

And this is why we don't run a car firm :p
I was reading about how farmers are buying up 80s and 90s tractors because the new tech is pissing them off and was thinking I should start a tractor making business and just make low tech tractors.