Geneva '08: New Lamborghini Gallardo to be called LP560-4

Although I like the rear, it reminds me too much of the R8. Anyone else see this?

Awesome-O. Love it already.
Can't wait for the next full-size Lambo.

Too bad we will have to wait a bit more as those pics barely reveal anything.

I Can't ****ing wait to see this car. I Adore the Gallardo. :wub:

great... first the audi interior.. now they are getting an audi engine..

Isn't the 5.2 V10 just an improved gallardo engine?
Good that they ditched the turbos and went NA. Supercars should never have turbos or compressors, as that is often just signs of bad engineering.
Nothing special in taking a normal engine of the line and mounting a huge turbo on it. That is something that every backyard tuner could do for you.
Now getting the same amount of power out of a bespoke NA engine is something to behold.

^How so? The BMW Twin Turbo engine are supposed to be absolutely brilliant. Everyone can fit a big turbo and get plenty of power. Very few can make that same power and actually make the car nice to drive.

Here are some real (but bad) pictures..
I don't like the wheels..

http://img230.imageshack.**/img230/7445/9488903012008043resize1zm9.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.**/img230/5873/9489903012008044resize1jq1.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.**/img230/7757/9488803012008042resize1hi4.jpg
http://img230.imageshack.**/img230/1430/9488603012008041resize1yc2.jpg

Good that they ditched the turbos and went NA. Supercars should never have turbos or compressors, as that is often just signs of bad engineering.
Nothing special in taking a normal engine of the line and mounting a huge turbo on it. That is something that every backyard tuner could do for you.
Now getting the same amount of power out of a bespoke NA engine is something to behold.

okay now..

F40, CCX, Noble M400, M15, 911 Turbo...

That is all.

:blink: I find a well engineered turbocharged or supercharged engine far more impressive than an NA one. Plus, there are practical concerns as well. In order to have a high powered NA engine it usually has to be very high strung. I'm reminded of one of my brothers friends from a few years ago. He had a civic (yeah I know) with a highly built NA engine in it. It made 200whp but there was nothing at low rpm at all. With a turbo or supercharged engine you can tune the engine to have plenty of low end torque and let the forced induction take care of the high end power. Plus, I find the surge of a boosted engine far more satisfying than an NA engine. Oh, and don't think because I'm 18 I'm assuming this. I find my brothers Mk V GTI far more fun to drive than my mother's 07 G35 even though the golf is 1.5 sec slower to 60 and has 106 less bhp.

I just think bolting a supercharger on a low hp/l engine to make it perform better and then sell it as a hypercar isn't the way to go.
Which would you prefer? A dual turbo Murcielago having the same hp as the LP640 but instead with a 3.5l Ford V6 built in, or the real deal with a 6.5l V12. Sound, feel and throttle response make quite a difference. Also I think blowoff valves are the worst sounding things I don't want to hear in a car.

How much Hp does the SLR engine make when you take off the Supercharger? The bog-standard 380hp the normal engine makes??

Last edited:
okay now..

F40, CCX, Noble M400, M15, 911 Turbo...

That is all.

Bugatti Veyron , Aero SSC, XJ220, Ford GT, ZR-1, ... lol

but I have no problem with turbo's I was just thinking of more FI supercars

edit, forgot it was just turbo. but oh well ill keep the GT and ZR1 there

Last edited:
Yeah, the wheels are a tad too bling, even for a Lambo that's SUPPOSED to be flashy. But, overall, looks fantastic. It's going to have Jezza thinking yet again: "Have I bought the wrong car? AGAIN?"

Love the interior, Love the rear end, Love the front end, Love the Quad Pipes :heart:
Don't like the wheels.
True to the last word.

Dress it in this colour and those wheels and i'm nursing a semi. No, strike that, i'm fully hard.

01.jpg

EDIT: on second thought, it looks like they changed the front lights to be shorter and not include the indicators anymore. :(

Last edited:
Looks awesome. I wouldn't bother too much about the wheels tho, as I bet they are there just for shows.