Geneva '08 Preview: 2009 Ford Fiesta, Ford Kuga, Mondeo, and S-Max

That Fiesta looks amazing! Would really considor getting one once I've passed my test.

Kuga is nothing special, although at least it looks rugged!

Yes!! :woot: It's about time Ford started bringing their European cars over here. I really hope the Fiesta does well so they'll be encouraged to bring over the S-Max and Euro Focus.

Ohh the new Fiesta looks nice, the old one is starting to look, well a bit old

The Fiesta has always been best in its class for how it feels to drive, Focus (Euro one that is) is the same.

The Fiesta look too fat.

The Mondeo doesn't make my style.

The Kuga looks like a wrinkled Nissan Qashqai.

The Mondeo looks nice now but they still use same old engine over and over again, make the Mondeo 4WD or at least RWD, ford can do it but abit lazy now. Give it 2.5litre or 3litre 250BHP+
They make a killing on it. The new Fiesta looks amazing if it's still going to be called that. Hopelly they bring out a RS version of (Turbo)

Theres nothing wrong with the 2.5L Volvo unit, so why change it? Besides, engines are usually used for years with modifications until they're completely redesigned. A lot of Japanese manufacturers do the same thing. Making the Mondeo RWD would sacrifice space and cost. Most fleet buyers won't be needing/looking for RWD anyways, as the handling for it is already superb. Making 4WD will make the thing heavier and not necessarily better. I find a lot of FWD based 4WD cars tend to understeer quite a bit as most of the time it's really just FWD.

Those really look good!

Too expensive.
I'll believe that the Mondeo wouldn't sell in America when they bring it over here. I think that it would fly off dealership lots.

I could care less about a new CUV, and the Fiesta doesn't do anything for me, but that 5 door Mondeo is gorgeous. Give me one with the diesel and and manual trans and I'd drive it until the wheels fall off.

It means plague in slavic languages. Yeah, i can see it being REALLY popular here...

Be great for european kids buying their first car:
parent "Alright sonny, what do you want the Ford Party or the Ford Plague?"
"I want the Plague please daddy!":lol:

Could keep going with this I suppose, the Ford Worldly (Mondeo), etc.

I'll believe that the Mondeo wouldn't sell in America when they bring it over here. I think that it would fly off dealership lots.
Even at $57 549?
For that you get the 2.0 TDCi 6-speed manual with satnav, xenons and some toys.

the 2.2tdi looks good

175bhp and 295 ft-lb of torque... pretty much identical to the 2.2 tdi in the lexus is220d and that thing is no slouch, pretty frugal too.

fiesta looks great. there was a while were the fiesta looked awful, it looked like it was designed by 2 different people one doing the back the other doing the front and then met in the middle. but current fiesta shape and its face lifts changed all that and it is quite a smart car, if a mite boring.

this new one looks lovely though, full of life and energy, just the type of signal a small ford should be giving off.

no doubt its gonna handle with aplomb too.

Well, we are getting the Fiesta and the Kuga is still a possibility.

your not getting that fiesta though, you're getting some weird 4 door mutant version arent you?

The Mondeo looks nice now but they still use same old engine over and over again, make the Mondeo 4WD or at least RWD, ford can do it but abit lazy now. Give it 2.5litre or 3litre 250BHP+
They make a killing on it. The new Fiesta looks amazing if it's still going to be called that. Hopelly they bring out a RS version of (Turbo)

ford have FWD nailed IMO, they even said that for the new upcoming focus RS thats going to have 280+ bhp and powershift gearbox that they'll be sticking to FWD because they know they can make it work and not be a torque steery, tyre burning monster like some pumped up vauxhall VXR's are.

just like porsche eventually got the Rear Enging, RWD sorted, i thinki ford have got the front engine FWD sorted. besides RWD simply isnt necessary, i doubt it would be worth the effort if you already have a good FWD set up, plus ford, despite how it seems are still the working mans car manufacturer....they still have to be cheap so that normal working folk can buy them, so big expensive AWD or RWD is a no no.

same reason why they dont make totally new engines, the ones they have are pretty good anyway so its cheaper to just tweak em. saves on design time and means you dont need to retool a factory, instead you can optimise the process that makes the current one and work in all the improvements.

Even at $57 549?
For that you get the 2.0 TDCi 6-speed manual with satnav, xenons and some toys.

I would not pay that much for a mondeo, but that being said, there are ways to sell european cars in America for decent prices. Case-in-point is the Mk V VW GTI. 24,000 dollars here, made in germany, the only thing missing is hands free phone, the button is there, its just a dummy. Why can't ford do what volkswagen can?

I would not pay that much for a mondeo, but that being said, there are ways to sell european cars in America for decent prices. Case-in-point is the Mk V VW GTI. 24,000 dollars here, made in germany, the only thing missing is hands free phone, the button is there, its just a dummy. Why can't ford do what volkswagen can?

Isn't that price quote just a direct conversion from EU prices which are a lot higher. Because 24,000USD in GBP is 12,340GBP and the actual price of a base GTI in the UK is 20,815GBP

The Mondeo would be ALOT cheaper in the USA, even if it was still built in Europe.

One thing Ford Europe should take from the US - Ford SYNC as an option.

Having said that, that Fiesta interior practically begs to be poked and prodded. It looks great.