Geneva '08 Preview: 2009 Ford Fiesta, Ford Kuga, Mondeo, and S-Max

European Ford, why, oh why, won't you bring your cars across the pond!

Ford sells cars people actually want to buy, people get good cars. If Ford would just realise that not everyone wants some sodding Fusion or a 500.. err.. Taurus.

Both the Fusion and the Taurus are good cars, though they are not what I would call desirable.

Both the Fusion and the Taurus are good cars, though they are not what I would call desirable.

The Fusion isn't quite good enough, the 4-pot engine is desperately underpowered and the interior is dull and drab.. and it's rather ungainly to look at, more so than an Accord, Camry, Altima, or even the Hundai Sonata.

I would not pay that much for a mondeo, but that being said, there are ways to sell european cars in America for decent prices. Case-in-point is the Mk V VW GTI. 24,000 dollars here, made in germany, the only thing missing is hands free phone, the button is there, its just a dummy. Why can't ford do what volkswagen can?

Actually, NA VWs are made in Mexico. They're also apparently of less quality.
I suspect that, if Ford did bring over the Mondeo, the same problem would occur.
DAMN YOU UAW!

and it's rather ungainly to look at, more so than an Accord, Camry, Altima, or even the Hundai Sonata.

In the magazines it is usually the opposite and I have to agree.

Until recently, Ford had only planned to sell the new Fiesta small car as a sedan in the US market. Judging from the reaction of readers in the comments here when we showed photos of the production version of the car, which is based on the Verve concept, most people disagreed. The vast majority of commenters chiming in said that they wanted the stylish little hatchback. Apparently, they aren't alone. When the Verve sedan concept appeared at the Detroit Auto Show, it was supposed to be shown alone. A last-minute change of plans was prompted by new Ford marketing chief, Jim Farley, who insisted that the original three-door hatchback concept from the Frankfurt show be displayed as well. The hatchback concept was on a European tour and was detoured for a stateside visit to judge reaction from American showgoers. It now looks like there is indeed a very good chance that the hatchback will be offered to US drivers in addition to the sedan.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/23/fords-jim-farley-wants-the-fiesta-hatchback-in-the-us/

^ Styling is subjective, not everyone thinks the same about it. You and some sponsored magazine agree, I don't.

Oh, the Fusion still placed second to last in the test but it was not for styling.;)

Hey guys, will the Mondeo come here as the Mazda 6 or will it be a watered down version?

Hey guys, will the Mondeo come here as the Mazda 6 or will it be a watered down version?

The next generation Mazda 6, Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln MKZ, Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX will use the CD3 2 platform until about 2012 when they will switch over to the EUCD2 which will also underpin the new Mondeo.

Just because the cars may share a platform doesn't make one a "watered down" version of another.

Regardless, we are not ever getting the Mondeo that was posted originally, in anyway, shape or form, that matters to us.

It's a damn shame Ford can't figure out this is what we want inside a car:

http://img225.imageshack.**/img225/2672/09mondeotits128053079f9wr3.jpg

They NEED to figure out how to make that Mondeo US legal, and sell it as a Lincoln or a Mercury.