Geneva 2008: Ford Kuga

Overheat

Forum Addict
ford-kuga-f3q.jpg
ford-kuga-fs.jpg

ford-kuga-r.jpg
ford-kuga-rs.jpg

Ford has confirmed UK pricing for the Kuga: it'll start from ?20,495 when it goes on sale in June.

The Focus-based crossover will come in Zetec or Titanium trim, and will initially be available only with the 136bhp/236lb ft 2.0 TDCi diesel engine (44.1mpg and 169g/km of carbon dioxide) though other engines will follow. It has a Haldex clutch system giving full-time four-wheel-drive.

The Kuga is a five-seater and has 60:40 split/flat-folding rear seats, under-seat and under-floor storage compartments, and a cargo capacity of up to 1355 litres with the rear seats folded. The split-tailgate design incorporates a separately-opening rear glass panel.

Zetec specification includes keyless ignition, 17-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, stability control, an MP3-compatible stereo and a Thatcham Category 1 alarm. Titanium models (from ?22,495) add rain-sensing wipers, tinted glass, part-leather trim, cruise control, automatic headlights and dual electronic temperature control.

Options on offer include rear-view cameras, a panoramic roof, digital radio and USB connections, and there are nine paint colours to choose from, including new metallic 'electric white'.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
I think Kuga works really well, it's the XC60's less expensive sister.

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
^ Oh I see what you did there... :lol:

Looks pretty good I say. I really like the Qashqai, so this should give it something to fight off.

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
just reminds me of Cougar - now there's a quality Ford :D

800px-Ford_Cougar.jpg

You mean the american car that was on the Ford Mondeo platform, which has kinda always been known as a pretty descent driving car? World's lightest V6 when it was released? The car that Jeremy Clarkson said he'd buy over an Alfa? (He'd rather drive the Alfa home, but if it were his own money..."

Sorry...I love mine. :) Have to stick up for it.

Whappeh

Car(s)
05 Nissan Xterra 4x4
I am willing to bet that would sell well in the United States if it was Left Hand Drive and sold as is.

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
I am willing to bet that would sell well in the United States if it was Left Hand Drive and sold as is.

I hear the new Escape is craptastic to drive compared to the new one, as long as this is similar in size then Ford could have a replacement on their hands.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
just reminds me of Cougar - now there's a quality Ford :D

800px-Ford_Cougar.jpg

I liked the look of the Cougar. I also like the Kuga, but the rear is a bit iffy.

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
This cougar on the other hand...not a good cougar...
87ls.jpg

tigger

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'88 Vic Wagon, '92 Honda VFR
So they stuck the AWD system in a Focus-based CUV, instead of actually using it in the Focus? Oh Ford :rolleyes:.