Geneva 2008: Maybach Landaulet

Overheat

Forum Addict
landaulet-f.jpg
landaulet-fs.jpg

landaulet-hir3q.jpg
landaulet-rseats.jpg

The opulent Landaulet is a Maybach for sun-seekers. A version of the 62 S saloon with a huge folding roof, it has to be the ultimate luxury convertible. First seen at the Dubai Motor Show last autumn, the Landaulet will be available to special bespoke-build order with prices from ?900,000.

Designed as a chauffeur-driven vehicle, only the front compartment has a fixed hard-top roof. The folding section is fully powered and near-silent, with a tubular steel structure and neat leather tonneau cover, and it tucks away in less than 20 seconds.

The Geneva show car is finished with white leather massaging, reclining seats and piano black trim with granite inserts, but virtually any colour combination or material can be specified. There are larger head restraints than in the saloon, to help reduce wind turbulence, plus an automatic wind deflector.

The climate control system can be controlled from the rear compartment, and there is a powered laminated panel and intercom system to communicate with the driver. Between the rear seats are storage compartments and a console with DVD player, CD autochanger, cooler compartment and securely-gripped silver champagne flutes. Buyers can request no end of comforts, conveniences and luxuries - from monogrammed or laser-etched upholstery to gold keys, 24-carat gold trim details, a mobile office system and a compass indicating the direction of Mecca at all times.

Pulling all this along is a version of the Maybach twin-turbo V12 giving 612bhp and 738lb ft, and the whole thing rides on air suspension with adaptive damping. It's hardly a sports car, but the Landaulet can nonetheless do 155mph and 0-60mph in 5.2 seconds. Fuel consumption? 17.2mpg, but then if you're buying one of these, you probably own an oil well.

Holy Crap, 900,000 Euros?! Buy a Veyron instead! :blink:

Landaulet or Landyacht? Whatever you call it, it looks terrible. Further proof that money can't buy taste.

That car is absolutely vulgar.

Do not want.

It's not only ugly as hell but it's been around since November 2007, so you can tell that they've truly hit rock bottom. The end should be here soon...

The wanker in me likes it.....a lot.

But thankfully the good taste in me overrides it. Wouldn't have one nor really want one.

What? Doing my laundry? No thanks. Laundalet? What is that?

Im ashamed to say i quite like it. :|
The colour is poor, but one in black with a tan leather interior could be a nice chauffeur car.

Im ashamed to say i quite like it. :|
The colour is poor, but one in black with a tan leather interior could be a nice chauffeur car.

I was thinking the same, while it wouldn't be as pretty as the Phantom, it would look a lot better. White paintwork and a white interior make it very vulgar and ostentatious. Hell paint it pink with white leather and it would be better.

As it stands now, the only people that would look good in it is a black pimp in a purple velour suit, and all his hoes are standing up with their tits out. Otherwise anyone else will look like a tool

It's too ostentatious and vulgar for my taste...

Its not ugly. But I could never call it attractive. A little on the pricey side :lol:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I know that the Maybach is little more than a cross between an S-Class and Marlon Brando, but surely they could make it a look a little bit less like a cross between a SsangYong Chairman and a large scale model of a dog turd.

This is not a complaining post, so I've taken the liberty to make my letters a bit bigger.

This car only works if you're so rich that you can afford to install a machinegun on top of the driver's side, and shoot random people while powersliding.

Points gotten = (Number of people killed) X (Length Of Powerslide)

You get three tries in places of your choosing, then the points are summed. The Driver+Shooter with the biggest score wins.

It's a team game I made up, for rich people who've tried it all, and their friends.