Geneva 2008: Renault Twingo RenaultSport 133

Overheat

Forum Addict
renault-twingo-rs-133-f3q.jpg
renault-twingo-rs-133-int1.jpg

renault-twingo-rs-133-cab.jpg

This hotted-up Twingo develops 133bhp and 118lb ft from its 1.6-litre 16v engine, less than the 150bhp that had been anticipated.

Even so, those figures suggest it'll be a lot of fun to drive, as that's plenty of power for a city car. Renault also promises an entertaining rasp from the exhaust for the full sporting sound effect.

From the outside the Twingo RenaultSport 133 is most easily distinguished from the basic models by its more aggressive wheel arches, wider wings, chromed exhaust tailpipe, sculpted side skirts, 16" alloys and rear spoiler, echoing the original Twingo concept at the 2006 Paris Motor Show. The foglamp surrounds, door mirrors and spoiler are all dark grey.

Inside, this Twingo has bolstered Renaultsport-branded seats, a leather steering wheel, unique rev counter and aluminium pedals. Renaultsport decals are optional.

Two chassis settings are available, with wider tracks than the mainstream Twingo and the stability control can be deactivated. The standard RS 133 setting is 60mm wider up front and 59mm wider at the rear, with stiffer variable-rate springs and vertically-mounted dampers; it rides 10mm lower than the Twingo GT. The Cup chassis takes things a stage further, lowering ride by another 4mm and adding stiffer-yet springs and dampers; this comes in combination with 17-inch wheels.

The Twingo RS 133 will be offered in Mirage Grey, Pearl Black, Extreme Blue and Mercury metallic paint, or Capsicum Red. The interior trim is dark charcoal, with orange seatbelts and stitching. Sales start in October, and final specifications and prices will be announced nearer to launch.

Awww...the cheap plastic interior :puke:

Otherwise, a nice little car.

It's a Renault Sport-tuned car, so what's going to be good about it? Almost everything. Could be one of my future car choices, but at the moment I feel like I'd like to go for its bigger brother (Clio 197).

Seems like a good car! The only thing I don't like is the steering wheel! :lol: