Interrobang

Forum Addict
http://www.motortrend.com/news/ds-7-crossback-revealed-ahead-geneva-debut/

658-Citroen-DS-7-CROSSBACK---above.jpg

658-Citroen-DS-7-CROSSBACK---interior.jpg

20170228-DS-7-CROSSBACK-M-850x478.jpg

I like the interior and the lights ...

do the rear windows go down?

There is a little blacked out plastic triangle at the lower rear of the rear windows, so the actual window is shorter and can actually go down inside the door. They just cut around that mostly in the video and it is hardly visible in the pictures.

5008, I would guess.

I like the looks of it, but it's a sad world we live in when an "SUV" can't even be had with four wheel drive unless you go for the hybrid. And even then it's just a FWD drivetrain with a weak electric motor powering the rear wheels.

Interior is great, but considering Citroens recent designs, its a little dull. I still think the whole "DS" brand thing is an incredibly stupid idea.
"What do you drive?"
"A DS"
"A what?"
"....umm, its like a Citroen. It's a Citroen"

(And no the Lexus, Infinity thing doesn't apply. Toyota didn't have a "Toyota Lexus" in the model lineup before launching a separate brand.)

Interior is great, but considering Citroens recent designs, its a little dull. I still think the whole "DS" brand thing is an incredibly stupid idea.
"What do you drive?"
"A DS"
"A what?"

(And no the Lexus, Infinity thing doesn't apply. Toyota didn't have a "Toyota Lexus" in the model lineup before launching a separate brand.)

No, they basically rebadged Toyota japanese models as Lexus for the rest of the world:

toyota-altezza-%5B10340%5D.jpg

toyota_aristo_1997_wallpapers_2.jpg

Toyota-Celsior-I.jpg

It's definitely one of the best looking SUVs in it's class...now let's see if it delivers.

No, they basically rebadged Toyota japanese models as Lexus for the rest of the world:

toyota-altezza-%5B10340%5D.jpg

toyota_aristo_1997_wallpapers_2.jpg

Toyota-Celsior-I.jpg

No. All of those examples were developed as Lexus models, then sold as Toyota's in Japan as Lexus wasn't a thing here.
But my point is not about having an offshoot division, but having one that was already sold as the "lesser" brand, then making the existing model name the luxury offshoot.
There's a reason the first Lexus wasn't called the Cressida LS400.

The DS7 hasn't ever been a Citro?n.

The DS7 hasn't ever been a Citro?n.

looks like I'm alone in being bothered by it :D
All the DS models prior were though. And badged as Citroen DS to boot. If they wanted an offshoot, they really should have gone with a brand new name. And waited until they had an all new model with hadn't been sold as a Citroen.....
Like this one I guess...
I'm genuinely interested to see how they are selling.
(Colour me a grouch who actually has affection for old Citroens. They already were cool.)

I don't particularly approve of their use of the DS name for the new crop of cars either. There's only one DS.

AMbWleF.jpg

:wub:

I am not a fan of french cars, but I like the overhyped and overrated original DS even less and would take basically any modern DS over it ;)

Hyundai Genesis, then?

Same deal. They should have had a completely separate name.

What I was talking about was that the Genesis was a Hyundai model, but now they are trying to use it as a stand-alone brand name (Genesis), with multiple models under it (G90 & G80).

https://www.genesis.com/us/en/genesis.html#introduction

I like the interior, quite a lot actually. I'll have that please, without the rest of the French shitbox. :|

I like the interior, quite a lot actually. I'll have that please, without the rest of the French shitbox. :|

That's been the best thing about the Ds-models and now the Ds brand ... they easily have the best interiors in their segment of the market currently (and that's coming from someone who normally prefers Audi-interiors).

"What do you drive?"
"A DS"
"A what?"
Same here. The Problem is that PSA does not have a Brand they can build on "above" Citroen. So they don't know what to do with their upmarket products as they don't exactly don't look like they belong with the Rest of the PSA brands. It's a bit like going into a Lidl/Aldi and then shopping for luxury goods ... people then get confused and go buy a Mini/Audi instead where upmarket is next to upmarket. It's stupid, but a car also represents a lifestyle. And a lot of idiots don't wanna mingle the ordinary man that maybe drives a lowly Peugeot ...
But the way they've chosen is a bad one - I agree. I'm just saying that I sort of get why they are doing it ...

Last edited: