"German gov't considers jail time for gamers"

I was ~13 when I bought Quake3.
So how many people have you massacred at your local school? :p

Typical, politicians feeling the need to impose their morals upon us because we're too stupid to think for ourselves. So they have to protect ourselves from ourselves and look like saviors of mankind from the evil that is video games.

Hillary Clinton's political ad during the midterm elections said, "protecting children from violent video games!"...I :lol:'d.

when friends of my parents from america came here, they let their 6 year old child watch stuff like silence of the lambs, but as soon as there was a naked person (or only like f.e. a naked ass they covered his eyes....here it would be the other way round....as sex is a natural thing, tearing apart the skin while a person lives is not.

I don't think a kid should be seeing either at that age, although a naked person doesn't mean much to them at that age.

Dead Rising was banned in Germany, it was a game that made you kill zombies, and the odd cultiest. So why ban it? You were actually trying to save people left in the mall. I do not understand that.

it wasn't banned in germany, it simply wasn't released.

The only games that were banned here are ones with Nazi content or symbols in it. A brutal game can just get a label by a govt organisation "Not under 18" which makes it unlawful to sell it to persons under 18.

I say we ban CS. It's chalk full of retarded 13 year old "l33t" fags who live in their parent's basement.

DoD:S is much better and doesn't seem to be full of said retards.
First off, I second that. DoD rockzors my boxzorz!!1!

Secondly: I think its ironic that little kids can't buy violent games and there are thoughts of banning them altogether, but on the news violence is pretty much all they talk about these days. Try it; watch the news for just 10 minutes and see how many good things they talk about. Good luck getting even one. And the stuff on the news is real.

Lastly: This is all just a knee-jerk reaction. The goverment hears outcries of a problem and wants to make it look like its doing something to protect the people. But in actuality, it's not one of their major problems and they can't be bothered to do anything official about it. The same stuff happens here.

Germany is so funny. You can't have the even slightest violence in a video game, but ones where you're fucking some chick while her friend stands there naked is perfectly fine. :lol:
America is so funny. You can't have the slightest nudity, sexual content or bad language in games/television but the ones where this 13 year old kid redecorates the face of his little sister with a chainsaw is fine.

Last edited:
Germany is so funny. You can't have the even slightest violence in a video game, but ones where you're fucking some chick while her friend stands there naked is perfectly fine. :lol:
No law against fucking a girl while her friend is looking, you must remember. ;)

Svempa said it nicely above.

Doesn't the MPAA have some sort of rating that kicks in if there is "minors breaking the law"?

Like.. walking over the street during a red signal?