Get my bookmarks back? Firefox decided to update itself and scrap my bookmarks

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
Firefox decided to update, and when I restarted, it threw away my bookmarks. Now i've turned off auto update, I was just wondering whether there was a way to get my bookmarks back.

Thanks.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
FF prob crashed.

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxx.default\

Rename "bookmarks.bak" to "bookmarks.html".

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
Ah, there was a folder inside that with backups of the bookmarks. That .bak file had the bookmarks that I had just started rebuilding, but I just used the latest one in the backup folder.

Cheers! :beer:

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Another option is Foxmarks, which synchronizes your bookmarks to another server. Not for the security paranoid :p

vRS

Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
I have the same problem except I have a bookmarks.bak file and a bookmarks.html.sbsd.bak file and it wont let me rename either.

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
I have the same problem except I have a bookmarks.bak file and a bookmarks.html.sbsd.bak file and it wont let me rename either.

make sure that firefox is closed, remove the bookmarks.html, then rename the backup. Or:
Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks -> File, Import -> From File -> select the bookmarks.html.sbsd.bak where it is stored.