get rid of tim shaw...

Tom as the head presenter has been the best thing that has ever happened to to gear...along with the dropping of vicky. vicky is good for only some car reviews and such...but she gets VERY annoying when she talks too much. Tim is decent, and tolerable, but he does not bring much (or enough) to the show.

I think the ultimate combo would be tom and johnny...they seem to be a cool pair and would make an already improved Fifth Gear even better. I honestly hated Fifth Gear but this season has been a HUGE improvement.

OH, and i also really like how they setup shootouts between Tiff and Jason...they both get along well and their competitive personalities really make for very interesting segements. I think that its the best part of the entire show most of the time.

He's quite horrible I think, and more importantly hasn't done anything good so far.

I know that most of us didn't like Tom or Johnny at first either... I especially hated Jonny when he first showed up. But still these two were car guys... what are Tim Shaw's credentials in this area? He's boring and super lame, and has anyone else noticed how gay Tim and Tom act in this series' studio segment?

Plus he himself this week alluded to Fifth Gear's overly high number of presenters. I say sack Tim Shaw and VBH too... she's a lost cause now.

I don't see why we need to give this guy a chance. I'm sick of Fifth Gear always trying to broaden their horizons. Stick with a formula that you know works for you and stop adding more presenters to go after every little demographic. It's not too much to ask as a loyal viewer that they stop messing with the show so much every series.

I think the ultimate combo would be tom and johnny...they seem to be a cool pair and would make an already improved Fifth Gear even better. I honestly hated Fifth Gear but this season has been a HUGE improvement.

OH, and i also really like how they setup shootouts between Tiff and Jason...they both get along well and their competitive personalities really make for very interesting segements. I think that its the best part of the entire show most of the time.

I also like that setup too. It's like how the show Mythbusters (if you've ever seen it) have Adam and Jaime for the big bits, and then the other 3 doing the smaller projects. Then at the end, they have a huge thing they do and they all get together.

If all of the fifth gear presenters get together for once, that would probably be the coolest. You pair up one really good driver (Tiff, Jason, Vicky) with the other three guys (Tim, Tom, Johnny) for some kind of challenge, that would be an awesome bit. I mean, if you have THIS many presenters, might as well put them all together and see how that goes, right?

just my little mini dream haha.

He seems like an okay presenter. He knows about cars, and he does some interesting segments.

ok.. i wasn't serious about tim getting shot like some of you alluded to. but i don't think i am part of an minority and as some of the other posters do seem to agree with me.
i cringe everytime they cut to the studio and they start their dialogue btw tom and tim... the sexual tension between them is unbearable... j/k j/k..
i guess what really bothers me the most is that he is redundant. he doesn't bring anything to the show that tom ford or johnny smith doesn't have in character, knowledge or personality.
i do like everybody else on the show and think they are doing a great job tho... :thumbup:

i cringe everytime they cut to the studio and they start their dialogue btw tom and tim... the sexual tension between them is unbearable... j/k j/k..

No, you have a point there. When I asked if anyone had noticed how gay Tom and Tim were acting in the studio segments, I really did mean gay as in homosexual.

I don't know why, but I always get the feeling they're going to embrace and kiss as soon as the camera cuts away.

^ "Oh you are awful, but I like you."

[YOUTUBE]QBT7gH0QAa0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oM5_z8dnuiY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Yep youre one of the few that dislikes Tim, enjoy your eliteness.

about the ipod comment,

1. its scripted, so if you want anyone shot, its the script writer, not the guy who says it, learn how the television making process works

2. you're overreacting, get your panties unbunched

3. i kind of agree with the comment, its a normal person's response to a geeky fanboy comment 'oooh! look what the aston does with my ipod', while its kind of cool....it's really not. so your reaction demonstrates what end of the spectrum you lie on

4. you're overreacting, find a real issue to be upset about

I agree tho there are too many presenters on the show and if any excess baggage that needs to go, its one of the racing drivers.

holy sh**... are you part of the tim shaw meat packers fan club? :lol:

holy sh**... are you part of the tim shaw meat packers fan club? :lol:

I give you an organized and thought out arguement why you need to get over yourself and you reply with a gay joke? Bravo... i am not impressed *golf claps*

Honestly, why do they even need Tom Ford and Tim?
They're only dragging the show down!

Jonny has by now proven himself as a completely competent presenter, and is so much more comfortable in front of the camera than either of them. Not to mention entertaining and not a complete dolt. Tom and Tim, well let's say I don't hesitate to fast forward their scenes.

Between Jonny, Jason, Tiff, and Vicky, there's plenty of talent to run an hour long program!

im not a fan of Tim, everything he has said and done has been rather lame although the writers may have just needed an outlet for their lamer segments...?

I quite liked him (Tim Shaw) to be honest. I have liked this series of Fith Gear too - a worthy waste of an hour on a miserable Monday.

Agreed. Tim may even have helped make the show a little bit better.

I can see the OP's point, but I don't really dislike him a LOT.

He should learn how to pronounce "Porsche", though... So should a couple of the others on FG... :p

I just watched the most recent Fifth Gear and Tim Shaw said that it was his last segment. I'm not sure if that means it was the last time he was going to do that type of segment or the last time he worked for Fifth Gear at all. Even if he did go I think Tom Ford could handle the studio segments on his own with ease or I guess they may even try out someone new.

I just don't like the combination of the two guys in the studio...
It feels like those german shopping TV stations when they act so stupid..

"Hey Tim have you seen this interior?"
"Hey, Tom, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!"

Is there a connection between strange, hand drawn (in paint in this case) animated avatars and having nothing useful to say? There must be.

I'll judge when I bother to watch anything past the first episode of this seasons FG. Watched the first episode when it aired but couldn;;t be arsed to watch any more.

tims segments i find interesting, but like other said, jonny likely do it better, and with more laughs. maybe it's just that jonny's moved to bigger segments and the producers needed someone less usefull to fill the space?
long story shot. tims segments are interesting, but anyone here could do them just as well.
he's 10x better then lovejoy was, but that isn't really saying much. if they put shaw in the background to only do the do it yourself type segments and not put him center stage, the show would improve.
to me it looks like tom has been carrying tim through the season.
and tim, sorry bud, but you have to be making enough money to be able to afford more then 1 pair of pants.... at least try and get a rotation going.
i agree that we don't need more then one race car driver, but i don't know which one i'd chose to go.
i think if one split and did another show, i'd likely watch it as well, there are just too many people.
i find that with this many characters it really cuts into the length of each segment. i like a good segment, but a 4 minute review of a new super car just is a waste of 4 minutes. we need like 6-10 at least.

I also think that Tim fits FG quite well, especially him co-presenting with Tom works well.
Obviously, nothing is perfect and it takes time, but what I like the most is that he brought more edge to FG, standing up for the motorist! Vicky, Jason or Tiff would have never done it.