Getting first car in Vancouver

I hate ICVC, and with the new system they are soon implementing, we'll all be paying more (most likley)

You know what grinds my gears most about ICBC? That people who they call dangerous drivers are usually anything but.

They set the frickin' speed limit on the highway at a maximum of 90kph and they blame us for driving 10 or 20 above the limit. Maybe if the limits weren't so ridiculous we would obey them and wouldn't be dangerous drivers. :rolleyes:

90kph, is only in west van too. Mostly it's 80, which is even worse. I do an easy 110kph at all times, and I'm not going much faster than anyone else.

They should raise the speedlimits to at least 100kph, and if they could improve the shit quality of our highways then maybe even a bit more.

^ Exactly, that's why I said it's 90 maximum. Damn, by Park and Tilford it goes down to 70kph! Oh the horror...

And then it's not like the cops realize these speed limits are retarded. Even though they removed the permanent speed cameras a few years back, speed traps have become so much more common in the last year or two.

Exactly. I don't even like driving anymore because of the fucking traffic pigs. I NEVER actually see them pulling over anyone driving dangerously, all they do is harrass the normal folks who are just trying to get to work and back.

I have noticed that too, in the last year there have been way more speed traps. 6 Grand should get you a pretty nice car though.

dont forget lots more of the undercover cop cars lol

i think the one that did it for me was when i saw this taxi getting pulled over by a undercover cop that was driving a car with a L sign on the back heh

on another note, the speed limit here is pretty bs, my friend got pulled over on marine drive (the one going to ubc) for "speeding" but he was barely faster than any of the neighbouring cars for there was actually traffic and the SLK in front was definitely going even faster and he didnt get caught

Since we're all stating our grievances with ICBC and BC cops here: Has anyone ever encountered one of these hidden speed traps where, if you're caught speeding, the cop will jump out of the bushes or wherever he's hiding right in front of your car?

This happened to me once and I panicked and slammed on my brakes. Then when the fucktard had pulled me over and was writing me up, I asked "isn't it just asking for trouble when you jump out onto the street in front of a [speeding] car?"

He gave me a typical stuck-up cop answer: "You let us worry about that, sir." Yeah, I'll run you over and then we'll see who will have to worry. :rolleyes:

That seems a bit reckless, I've seen ones where there is an undercover cop standing at the side of the road with a dog or something, and when he sees a speeder a van will spped out infront of you and slow you down. but never a cop jump out and stop you.

Since we're all stating our grievances with ICBC and BC cops here: Has anyone ever encountered one of these hidden speed traps where, if you're caught speeding, the cop will jump out of the bushes or wherever he's hiding right in front of your car?

This happened to me once and I panicked and slammed on my brakes. Then when the fucktard had pulled me over and was writing me up, I asked "isn't it just asking for trouble when you jump out onto the street in front of a [speeding] car?"

He gave me a typical stuck-up cop answer: "You let us worry about that, sir." Yeah, I'll run you over and then we'll see who will have to worry. :rolleyes:

wut the lol where was that? :O

Hahaha I've never seen that actually. Imagine if you were in something like an old Bullitt Mustang with drum brakes :lol: I'm really starting to see more and more speed traps during these past few years. God I need to move to the states some day...

You guys have never seen this? When you're driving down the highway or even a road and you see a radar trap, how do you think they'll stop you if you are in fact speeding?

They obviously need to have you get close enough, radar your speed and then flag you down by jumping out in front if you're speeding.

Canada is a strange place. Although I like the idea of age-independent premiums.

You guys have never seen this? When you're driving down the highway or even a road and you see a radar trap, how do you think they'll stop you if you are in fact speeding?

They obviously need to have you get close enough, radar your speed and then flag you down by jumping out in front if you're speeding.

i've seen them but usually it's when they're still in progress of trying to find someone to catch or they already ended up with catching someone never the actual catching part :O

So any more news from the OP on what cars you are looking at?

^ I think the magnitude of offtopicness in this thread probably drove him to buy a bicycle instead.

P.S. ICBC s0ckZ d0nkee b@awLz.

You know, I think there's money to be made here chaps...