Getting pulled over: What's your Top Gear excuse for speeding?

I thought I was hitting the brake, but i think I got abit too much PPPPOOOOOOWWWWEEEEERRRRR!!!!!!

"Sorry officer, I'm still getting used to the joystick and the big control."

And one that I want to use sometime:
Me: How fast was I going?
(Officer tells the speed)
Me: YES!!! High score!!

Was I really going that fast? I thought the speedo calibration was off so I winged it...

"I'm sorry officer, you see, it's a BMW coupe, and as such, it is discreet and underestimates its speed..."

No, that should be an Audi, not BMW.

Erm... no it shouldn't. Talk about taking the fun out of it when you have to explain the joke.

It's a quote. It was from Hammond's comment about his BMW coupe in 6x02. It goes something like: "115? I'm only showing 110! You see, it's a BMW and it's even discreet and underestimates its speed..."

Given that we're going for "Top Gear" excuses and all...

Gotcha, I thought it was just the general appeal of Audi and their "discreetness." I've seen every episode at least twice, but it didn't register that you were referencing that.

But I suppose...if we're talking coupes, that doesn't really work for Audi, because you'd pretty much be driving a TT...not discreet. I'll shut up now.

How about "I need to make it to String Fellows before my engine explodes"?

Here's one for everyone who paid attention in science class:

Officer: Do you know how fast you were going?
Me: Nope, but I know where I am!

:drums:

Thank you! Thank you! I'm here all week. Tip your waitress.

Last edited:
Can I give you a ticket? ...It's only fair as you must have been hauling ass to catch up with me.

^ Oh god...he's got Izari's avatar...and he drives a BMW...:unsure: :p

lol... now I know where that gif came from... saw it yesterday on this computer and figured I'd use it.

Edit: Changed it :)

Last edited:
Remain Silent like The Stig.

no no no

what you should do is, roll your window down, let the officer speak, then reach over to the back seat, take a white crash helmet, put it on and just sit there. officer will be like WTF?

on a note about being pulled for speeding. on the gumball that porsche engined VW camper (really old 60's one) van wasnt pulled over because the police didnt believe it could do the speed limit let alone 135mph

A police officer had been on the roadside all day without catching anyone speeding.
Late in the afternoon he finally cougfht someone.
He went up to the drive and said " I've been waithing all day for you."
The driver clamly replied, "well, i got here as fast as is could."
the officer broke out laughing and the driver got offf with a warning.