Getting pulled over: What's your Top Gear excuse for speeding?

I haven't been pulled over since 1996 (I was 17 and had a huge speedometer error (15%) in the Mustang).

The BMW 635CSi is like the stealth bomber of speed machines -- I've literally blown through speed traps without so much as a twitch of a siren. (There's been three or four times a year that I was absolutely certain my insurance was about to go up.)

In the SpecE30 (yes, it's street-legal, mainly to drive it as an instructor in BMWCCA schools and to drive it to the muffler shop... and the grocery...) I have to pedal around like an old lady in the slow lane -- the car is covered (logically) in race graphics, full cage, driver's shell only (no pass. seats) -- yet I still get morons who want to race me on the street (typically in Honda Accords).

Not exactly the thing you would say to the officer, more like the thing the officer would say to you :p

"Where do you think you have come?"

-- yet I still get morons who want to race me on the street (typically in Honda Accords).

You make me think of AHMAD ABULEIL.

PERIOD. ;)

my car has a spoiler so i figured i might as well use it, you dont get any downforce under 120

Last time I was in court the judge told me I was a risk to other road users every second I was on the road. I was just trying to cut down the risk.

"We just finished our radio show, if we don't get out quick our lives will be in danger." :D

Give the man a cookie!

http://img443.imageshack.**/img443/4149/cookierh7.jpg

"You can't give me a ticket! I was doing 55 in the right-most lane with both hands on the steering wheel! I can't be arrested by law!"

just give him the old - SSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA - drill.

Another good one from Heisenberg is to say:

"Sorry officer, but that can't be right - you changed my speed by measuring it"

I was hauling ass in a rental down I-95 and got pulled over.
Officer: "Do you know how fast were you going?"
Me: "To be honest I have no idea. The speedo here only goes to 85"

(no he wasn't amused).