Getting pulled over: What's your Top Gear excuse for speeding?

I'm sorry I'm racing my two friends to Oslo in this Ferrari that was loaned to me.

My friend has actually said this when he pulled out a Hong Kong + International Driving License in the states after he got caught speeding "I'm sorry Officer, I don't understand how to read your number characters, I thought that meant 65, I only understand Chinese Numerals"... then the officer laughed so hard and my friend went I'm kidding, I'm just very late for a dinner with a friend, the officer just went, don't drive too fast, have a nice holiday.

I was studying time dilation physics and running some Lorentz Transormation tests.

"Don't worry I am S2 Licensed"

Police:
"Why are you going so fast? Where's the fire?"

Me:
"The fire's on my gas pedal...I was trying to stomp it out."

Last edited:
But officer, I'm wearing a high visibility jacket!

But officer, my tire blew out, so I floored it."

"It was night time, and I was trying to get some Germans & peasants."

Is that correct, Sir? Well this looks like a Mercedes McLaren to me. Have you had a drink today, sir? :coplight:

:rofl: That's fucking great!

Nice idea for a thread Danny Tran. It's threads like this that makes time fly when Top Gear is off air.

My excuse:

Sorry officer I was just running away from some Baghdad hicks who pelted me with stones.

Last edited:
"Some say that i was speeding, and that if i was to kiss your ass enough, you'd let me go....all i know is....you've just given me a ticket :( "

"Some say that i was speeding, and that if i was to kiss your ass enough, you'd let me go....all i know is....you've just given me a ticket :( "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: Best one yet...