STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
You need to extract and use the ID though:

Code:
[g[B][/B]fycat]everyillchick[/g[B][/B]fycat]

Have fun.

:thumbsup:

Awesome, GFYCAT ftw, the bandwidth savings of html5 are monumental :)

Great job, was gonna suggest this :D

OK, now which of my paranoia add-ons do I need to deactivate/make an exception in for this to work? :D

OK, now which of my paranoia add-ons do I need to deactivate/make an exception in for this to work? :D

It uses JavaScript to do the embed otherwise it wouldn't be possible to get it to be the right width/height for each video.

[Newb] Do I need to manually type the "gfycat" tags, or will the "Insert Image" button know what to do with it? [/newb]

[Newb] Do I need to manually type the "gfycat" tags, or will the "Insert Image" button know what to do with it? [/newb]

It's a separate BBCode so yeah, you have to use

Found a tiny bug with this. Unlike loading a gif, the browser won't jump to the correct anchor after the page is resized to fit the gfycat embeds.

Yeah, I've noticed the same. I think this has to do with the order in which the javascripts are processed. The javascript that jumps the page to the right post seems to get processed before the gfycat javascript magic is loaded.

Yeah, I've noticed the same. I think this has to do with the order in which the javascripts are processed. The javascript that jumps the page to the right post seems to get processed before the gfycat javascript magic is loaded.

Yep, that's exactly it.

I noticed that when viewing a page containing an embedded gfycat image on Chrome on a mobile phone, it's actually the Gif that gets loaded :|

I noticed that when viewing a page containing an embedded gfycat image on Chrome on a mobile phone, it's actually the Gif that gets loaded :|

Gfycat determines what to load. /shrug

Any chance we can get the same support for Imgur?

Any chance we can get the same support for Imgur?

They don't support embeds as far as I'm aware. Yet another reason Gfycat is better.