Ghosts- are they real?

Jeepin

Car(s)
89 Jeep Wrangler V8
So theres been alot tv shows on lately dealing with ghost, aparitions,spirits or whatever you want to call them. And I have to say theres alot of stuff that goes on that cant really be explained. so the question I post to you. Ghosts - Real or not? Discuss.

I don't know. I saw "Ghost Whisperer" for the first time yesterday. I don't know what it was about because I was busy staring at Jennifer Love Hewett's chest.

[Evidence Needed]

Need to get in touch with a couple of ghosts in a reliable, peer reviewed, reproducible fashion and then I'll grant they exist.

examples?

Well my grandmother used to live in a house that used to be a store in the 1800s and every once in a while someone would go downstairs, and they would hear old-time parlor music. happened when other people were in the house,sometimes alone. My dad, my brother, and me all heard it one day working in the woodshop downstairs. we went all over the house and could not find a source anywhere.

granted all photo evidence can be faked but theres alot of pictures that turn up with strange things in the background too.

maybe I'm just crazy:blink:

i-want-to-believe.jpg

[tinfoil hat] dont get me started on aliens [/tinfoil hat]:lol::lol:

I'm just kiddin thats another thing. its just arrogance to think we are alone the universe but they might not be "visiting" us

end thread hi-jack

There's no evidence of dead people haunting places. There's no evidence of dead people haunting living people. However, ideas have been known to haunt people (paranoia, hallucinations, illusions), and people have been known to explain the unknown with imaginary stuff (eg. what they thought the heart was, during the middle ages).

@tl/dr: No, and I think you're silly.

Ghostface Killah is real.

Thank god for that.
I don't think ghosts exist, and I don't think there has been any sort of legitimate proof that says otherwise. But that doesn't stop people from believing in ghosts and spirits.

I've seen, heard, and been through enough paranormal stuff in my life to believe that it is indeed real.

What he said, just doesn't make sense

Aliens (not little gray men or any of that but creatures from another planet other than our own) are properly real, its a big space out there and if were the only ones - its a waste of Space.

well your are asking this question on a forum where many are atheists (i tried to find that thread with the poll, "what do you belive in?" or something similar, couldn't find it)

There are many strange things happening around me that I could blame on some unknown outside forces. Like the other day, a saturday if I'm not mistaken. After I got up, I took my usual morning dump and read an interview with Charlize Theron on the movie Hancock in my tv-guide. After I was done, I went down to the living room to pick up the daily newspaper. They always have some interesting quote of a random person on the front page. And what would I read there? A quote from Charlize Theron (the quote was in no way related to Hancock by the way). Only minutes later, a paper boy dropped some weekly shopping ad which attracts readers with a random famous face on the front page. And whom would I find there? Charlize Theron.

Now give me the figures on the probability of said things happening in such a short period of time. It's a conspiracy ... Charlize wants me ... badly!!! :lol:

Mrs. Jayhawk and me once stayed at the Congress Plaza Hotel in Chicago that is supposedly haunted.
First off the halls are painted weird colors, with white trim; She called it "The Scooby Doo hotel". Then we came across the haunted room...which was right next to a room with all sorts of plumbing in it making funny noises. :roll:

I wouldn't recommend going there, not because of the hauntings, but because of the picket line assholes that have been out in front of it since 2003. Five years!

So, no.

I believe they're real.

Santa too

Umm, WTF @ this thread.

Maybe, sometimes there's real photographic proof, but other times they can be explained by natural causes.