• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Girl combs hair whilst driving --> crashes into me

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
oh yes, you read it. When will my luck end ..

So I'm driving to this very important meeting right, I have 10 minutes til I have to be there and I'm already late. I'm doing ca. 20 km.h after exiting a round about and into a street where traffic flow is slow ...

All of a sudden I'm hit from behind as a loud BANG filled the car and I'm shot 3 meters straight forward ... I'm quite confused and don't realize what has happened ... I instincively look in my rearview mirror and see a girl in the car behind me with her hand in front of her mouth and big shocked eyes :shock:

I drive to the side of the road, so does she. I jump out of my car and say "what happened" she replies "uhm, I was combing my hair" (I mean, you have got to be stupid when you comb your hair whilst drivind, but admiting it??!!) "It's OK" she says "I do this all the time......." I shake my head and tell her although I'm late for a meeting we have to fill out a "damage report" ... she's also late for work, so we decide to meet up later that day (yesterday)

We did that, and while filling out the form and trying to plot in every little detail, I soon realize she is dumb as can be ... at the box where you fill out how fast you were going (we were going at max 20 km.h) she said "hmm...maybe 50?" God damn girl ... you are so stupid...
The drop was when she didn't even know which insurance company she was insured at... "it's my step dad who takes care of that".............

oh well, I'll tryand get as much out of her as possible ...

http://img297.imageshack.**/img297/627/igiuguiugiuiugiug8yt.jpg

You can't really tell from this picture, but the dent as actually pritty big, it's takes force to make a dent in this kind of hard steel ..
One of the exhaust pipes was also bent to one side ..

haz

You've really not had the best of luck with that Beetle have you?

Maybe it's jinx'd?

How stupid can she be :? makes me asamed to be the same gender :sleep: hope your beetle is gonna be allright soon.

:cry:

Haz, not cool mate... combing the hair, I mean honestly, what a moron... hopefully she does know who insures her so you can get it fixed!

Poor Haz. Poor Beetle!

Sounds a lot like a girl that everybody knows around here . . . I digress.

I've been hit at very low speeds numerous times on my car too.
Again, the good thing with old cars is that they come with proper bumpers.
I've only got damage on the rubber trim on my solid steel bumper. I once fixed my front bumper by attaching it to a tree with a rope and reversing the whole car. It popped the bumper back to the original shape! :lol:

You should feel lucky that there was no damage to the actual body.
I'm sure you can find a used bumper for cheap. (And salvage the rest of the money for other parts you might need/want) Don't feel too discouraged.

I've only got damage on the rubber trim on my solid steel bumper. I once fixed my front bumper by attaching it to a tree with a rope and reversing the whole car. It popped the bumper back to the original shape!

I saw a similar thing happen on the freeway once. A guy ran his new Honda into an older Morris that had those bumper overriders on it. The overrider went under the Honda bumper, so when the morris took off, it tore the whole bumper off the Honda.

Beetles are fairly resilient though, and cheap to fix!

Damn haz, that's a nasty run of luck you're having :comfort:

But jeez, how dumb is this girl??

Man, you are having the worst luck!

When I was the thread I thought "oh, another forum member has had an accident"...then I realised that it was Haz again!

Atleast the damage wasn't too nasty.

And come on, you could have at least got a picture of the girl! :p

Daaamn, thats not a lucky beetle ownership so far :(

Make the best out of her stupidity, and try to get out as much money from the insurance as possible. You should've filled out that she was going with 50, hit you really hard, you got a shock, you were late for your meeting, even when you got there you couldn't perform because of the shock etc, and claim some nice $$$ from the insurance company ;)

Also you are driving a classic, and crash really harms its value, + original parts are hard to come by etc. Make the best out of you unlicky situation. :)

Once again, the gene pool shallow end is shallower than expected. :?

Boble ownership isnt all its cranked up to be eh Haz :(

Tough break man...ur poor dub has a ding in it.
I know a person in Sydney who got run-into by a woman who burnt herself with the instant coffee she made at home. Talk about stupid!

mgkdk said:
hope your beetle is gonna be allright soon.

sure, no probs. Hopefully I'll get lots of $ out of her insurance company ... but if I want I could fix it via my personal Boble-mechanic who works for $20 an hr. ... but I want money!!

Magnet said:
Beetles are fairly resilient though, and cheap to fix!

yes, it's like what my mechanic told me; there are no expensive parts for Beetles :D

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Boble ownership isnt all its cranked up to be eh Haz :( !

why not? It would have been worse if this car I just bought was a brand new one!

I still have lots o love for ma Boble :) (it's not ma Bobles fault there are iddiots on the road and in the car rescue companies..)

haz

daaaamn, you realy have no luck with cars

but if she's so dumb, instead of getting as much out of here as possible, maybe you also should try to get as much in her as possible ;)

since no one asked...was she hot? :mrgreen: :lol: :p

anyways, that sucks...hopefully everything will go through quickly so you can fix your car as soon as possible...

haz said:
yes, it's like what my mechanic told me; there are no expensive parts for Beetles :D

haz

lol i guess u've never restored one? my friend is restoring one now
and they are sometimes super rare often expensive parts

well i guess we can officialy say woman should not be aloud to drive. my friends girlfriend took his jeep out for a joyride last night and just look what happened. luckily she wasnt hurt

P1010008.jpg

fdb2f61e.jpg