Girl getting punched in face - sensored. Opinions?

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Idk if any of few have seen Jersey Shore but I watch it because its hilarious. Anyways, in the previous episode one of the characters, Snookie, got punched in the face by some bro after she yelled at him for stealing her group's drinks. If anyone is interested, here's the punch: http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/snooki.gif

Anyways, when the episode aired on TV, MTV decided to sensor the punch. They went from her yelling and complaining to a blank screen to her on the floor crying and her male friends attempting to beat up the assailant. MTV did make it clear what happened.

Now, my roommate (and neighbor) don't see a problem with this sensorship. I maintain that the scene wasn't violent enough to be sensored. There was no blood and gore or anyone getting sawed in half - it was a simple hit in the face. Although such action is clearly unacceptable, they made that very clear on the show, as the assailant almost got the crap beaten out of him and then he got arrested. Again, while I certainly agree that his actions were unacceptable and I do agree with his arrest, I don't think that a simple punch should have been sensored.

Opinions?

^Yes, it's spelled censored.

IMO all censorship is retarded!

Not only was it not needed, but can you imagine the ratings if they aired it?

It depends on the timeslot, I guess. I wouldn't want 5 year olds watching that. Other than that though, meh? No big.

Related fact : When first broadcast in the UK, the BBC censored the episode of The Next Generation in which Wesley Crusher was stabbed with a spear, denying millions the release they needed.

Guidette_punched_face1602782.gif

OH SNAP!
hahaha, that clip is hilarious.

But its wrong, kids never punch anyone,let alone a woman, and a hot one even more so.

Is there a clip to show what happened after all of that?

Like I said before, hat flying off = always funny :lol:

Though, any form of assault = not funny :no:

But, seriously, what do you expect when you get together a bunch of douches and douchettes whose brains have been turned into mush by all the hair product? These people have the collective intelligence of a comb.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
I almost feel like she deserved it for dressing like that. Almost.

I like how he is slowly turning around, probably thinking wtf is that the b***h screaming at me and then just punches her. Funny how the guy next to him gets collateral damage.

Anyway randomly punching anyone sucks, doesn't matter if it's a woman or a man.

I'm surprised MTV didn't air it, that clip blew up on the Internet after that episode was aired. The network could have taken advantage of all that publicity (instead of sending their Youtube Gestapo to remove all the clips, those Viacom pigs), and that clip is partially why it's one of the most popular shows on TV right now.

Of course, people could blame MTV for stirring up controversy, :roll: but it's MTV, haven't they shown worse?

BTW every time I watch that clip I laugh my ass off. :lmao:

That got sencored? I thought they only sencored sex in the US?

If they didn't censor it, they probably would have gotten a lot of backlash for making money off violence against women.

I do love the 'we want to be treated as equals, but you're not allowed to hit us ever' paradox. I'm glad I know plenty of girls who, even though they wouldn't necessarily like to be punched in the face by some douche, feel that the whole guys unbreakable rule of never hit a woman is just as degrading and condescending as all the other helpless woman crap that's passed off as 'chivalry'.

True, many aren't as strong as your average guy but then I would say it's more about reasonable force and it would be just as terrible to hit a wimpy dude with full force as it would be to hit a woman that was similarly weak in comparison to the dude. It's alot more complicated than what I've just typed but I'm not going to go into too much detail as I'm sure I'll have to defend my point later anyways:p

On censorship, it sucks.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dccsFXH6WHc[/YOUTUBE]

I generally don't hit people in the face, but I guess that's not my kind of television. Unless it's as good as Monty Python, Fawlty Towers or Blackadder? Is it?